Guidelines and Nomination Form
Purpose of the Award
To recognize outstanding full-time and part-time Technical/Professional and Support Staff Employees of Lorain County Community College who embody the College’s standards for excellence and innovation.
To reward those employees who show exemplary individual achievement, contribution, and performance in their jobs and other related duties beyond their own offices.
To acknowledge those whose efforts have inspired and supported the performance and achievement of others.
To provide awards to such employees by a means that is fair, with equal consideration of all eligible staff, regardless of the locus or level of responsibility within the College.
To provide monthly recognition of an LCCC Professional Technical or Support staff member who demonstrates:
- a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others;
- commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the Lorain County Community College community;
- a willingness to exercise servant-leadership, take initiative, and accept and carry out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments for the good of the campus community as a whole.
Name of the Award
The name of the award shall be the Keys to Excellence Award
Nomination and Selection Process
- A Committee of the Staff Council shall have the responsibility for managing the nomination, selection, and award process for the Keys to Excellence program.
- Staff Council Executive Committee President shall make the initial appointment of the necessary number of committee members, in December, 2008, with the advice and consent of the SCEC. The President shall make subsequent appointments to the committee in accordance with the SCEC By-laws
- Composition of the Keys to Excellence Award committee shall be two (2) members of SCEC and three (3) members of the general staff population. Members of the committee shall serve for one year and are not eligible to receive the award during their year of service.
- One (1) employee per month shall be selected for a single award each month.
- A candidate for the award must be an individual, not a department, division or other functional unit or group of people.
- Nominations may be made by anyone with an active affiliation with the Lorain County Community College community (i.e., staff, faculty, administrator, student, alumni, LCCC University Partner staff).
- A candidate for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee must be a full-time, part-time Professional/Technical or Support Staff employee of Lorain County Community College
- Must have been employed for at least one (1) year
- Can be employed at any of LCCC’s physical locations
- has not been selected as Employee of the Month within the past twelve (12) months
- Must not have any active disciplinary action pending
- Has a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers, and serves as a role model for others
- Is productive, exhibits commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities, and is an asset to the staff of his/her department
- Is willing to take initiative, and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments.
- Is consistently dependable and punctual in reporting for duty, completing assignments on time, and participating in additional responsibilities.
- Any eligible staff member may be nominated more than once.
- All nominations must be submitted on the form available [insert link to form] and received by the committee by the last day of the month in order to be considered for that month’s award
- The decision will be made by the Staff Council Executive Committee’s Keys to Excellence Committee by the time of the first meeting of the month following the month to be recognized.
- Award recipients shall not be eligible for the award more than once in any 12 month period
- Nominees who do not receive the award for the month in which they have been nominated, may be nominated again, but will not automatically remain in the nomination pool.
Award recipients shall receive:
- A visit from the members of the committee to present the award, where a picture will be taken for publication in internal communications venues;
- A token of appreciation for the employee to keep;
- A certificate suitable for framing;
- Inclusion on an engraved plaque to be prominently displayed in an appropriate location of the College;
- An LCCC “tapestry cotton throw” with images representing the College, or other appropriate gift; and,
- An invitation to the Annual recognition event