Saturday, May 18, 2019
Ewing Activities Center Field House
We are so proud of your hard work and hope you plan to celebrate with us at our annual Commencement ceremony on May 18 in the Ewing Field House. Over the past several years, attendance at this event has surpassed our venue’s capacity, and we prioritize the safety and comfort of our guests. To address this concern, we will be offering tickets to graduates this year – details can be found below.
Register to March
Graduates will register to march and order caps and gowns through our partner, Marching Order. Potential graduates should have received an email to their LCCC student email account with a link to create an account and complete the registration process. For information on accessing your LCCC student email, please visit http://www.lorainccc.edu/email. Graduates who did not receive an email should contact the Commencement Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org to create an account.
LCCC Students who have completed an associate degree, certificate of proficiency or short-term technical certificate during Summer 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 are all eligible to participate in this year’s May Commencement as long as a Graduation Candidacy Request Form.
University Partnership students need to complete the Ceremony RSVP form to register to march in the ceremony. University Partnership students do not need to complete the Graduation Candidacy Form with Enrollment Services.
We want nothing more than a safe, memorable and comfortable experience for graduates and their guests on this special day. In order to address the increasing number of event guests the past several years, LCCC is requiring tickets for guests who wish to view the ceremony in the Field House for our 2019 ceremony.
Guest tickets will become available at 9 a.m. on Monday, May 6. All graduates participating will be able to claim up to 3 tickets for guests to attend the ceremony in the Ewing Field House. Here’s how to obtain your tickets.
- Go to http://lorainccc.marchingorder.com/.
- Under Returning Users, login with your user name and password. For most students, your user name will be your LCCC student email address. Your password will be the password you created when you completed your Marching Order registration. There is a link to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Click on the blue box that says Register Here. At the bottom of your registration form, you will now be able to request your guest tickets.
- You will have the option to print the tickets or email them directly to your guests.
Important information to know about guest tickets:
- Each ticket contains a unique QR code that will be scanned by our staff when guests enter the Field House. Guests bringing a ticket with a code that has already been scanned will be denied admission at the door and directed to overflow seating.
- All tickets in the Field House will guarantee a general admission seat. Tickets are not assigned to a specific seat. Guests wishing to have a preferred location are encouraged to arrive early.
- Doors to the Ewing Field House will open at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 18.
- While both print and digital tickets will be accepted, guests are strongly encouraged to print their tickets and bring hard copies to the venue.
- Ticket scanners will be located along both the west and east entrances to the Ewing Field House.
- Guests should be seated by 9 a.m.
- Please note that the Field House is not air-conditioned.
Graduates are responsible for accessing the Marching Order site to download their guest tickets and provide them to their guests.
Accessible seating is available in the Ewing Field House. Guests requiring accommodations should contact the LCCC Campus Security office at (440) 366-4053. Due to the limited area, only one guest may accommodate the guest requiring accessible seating. Tickets are required for all guests seated in the accessible seating area.
Additional Viewing Area for Guests
Have more than 3 guests or family members or young children who need a comfortable viewing location? The Stocker Arts Center Hoke Theatre is available for non-ticketed guests to view a live feed of the ceremony on a large screen. Refreshments will be available at this location along with children’s activities. All guests are invited to celebrate with their graduate at the reception in College Center immediately following the ceremony.
Caps and Gowns
Once graduates have completed their registration on Marching Order, LCCC graduates may pick up a cap and gown during normal hours in the LCCC Bookstore now through May 15. University Partnership graduates will be contacted when their caps and gowns are available for pickup in the LCCC Bookstore.
Commencement Student Rehearsal
Friday, May 17
LCCC Gymnasium (located in the Physical Education building)
Attendance is encouraged but not required.
Important Information for Commencement Day:
- Graduate check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. Graduates should report to the Physical Education lobby no later than 8:30 a.m. We strongly encourage you to arrive as early as possible.
- Graduation photos will be taken immediately after the graduate crosses the stage by a professional photographer. Graduates will receive purchase information in their LCCC student email account after the ceremony.
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes.
- Please press or steam your regalia prior to arrival.
- To minimize confusion and expedite the line-up process, guests are asked to proceed directly to ticket scanning lines and refrain from attempting to enter the gym.
- Guests age 3 and older will require a ticket for admission into the Field House. While the graduate does not need a ticket, graduates are responsible for claiming and distributing the tickets for their guests.
- Noisemakers and air horns are not permitted. LCCC Security will remove any items of this type from the Field House for the safety of all attendees.
- After the ceremony, please be considerate of those attempting to exit the Field House and plan to meet your graduate in College Center Commons or a designated location outside of Ewing Center. Hallways in Ewing Center should be kept clear so that other guests and graduates can exit the Field House.
- All guests are invited to join us for a reception in College Center Commons with refreshments and celebration following the Commencement Ceremony.
- The Commencement ceremony will be broadcasted live on LCCC’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Still Have Questions?
- LCCC Students with general questions, including eligibility, should call Melynda Coleman in Enrollment Services at (440) 366-4174.
- LCCC Students with questions regarding their cap and gown should contact the LCCC Bookstore at (440) 366-4055.
- LCCC Students with questions regarding diploma distribution should contact the Records Office at (440) 366-4067.
- University Partnership students with general questions regarding participating in Commencement should contact the University Partnership office at (440) 366-4949.
- Other questions can be directed to email@example.com.