Saturday, May 12, 2018
Program Begins at 9:30 a.m. – Guests must be in their seats by 9:15 a.m.!
Ewing Activities Center
March in the 2018 Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 12 for the chance to win an Apple Watch!
Join us to celebrate your hard work and wonderful accomplishments at this year’s Commencement Ceremony, and you may be one of three lucky students going home with your very own Apple Watch. All graduating LCCC and UP students who march in the 2018 Commencement Ceremony will be entered into a drawing to win one of three Apple Watches to be given away at Commencement!
Students who have completed an associate degree, certificate of proficiency, short-term technical certificate, or University Partnership degree during summer 2017, fall 2017, spring 2018, or summer 2018 are all eligible to participate in this year’s May Commencement as long as a Graduation Request Form is filed no later than March 9, 2018. (University Partnership graduates do not need to complete the Graduation Request Form.)
We are expecting more than 3,500 people and would love for you and your loved ones to be part of this momentous occasion.
Commencement Student Rehearsal
2 p.m., Friday, May 11
Ewing Center Gymnasium
(attendance is encouraged but not required)
Important Information for Commencement Day:
- Graduate check-in will begin at 7:30 a.m. Report to the Ewing Center gymnasium no later than 8:30 a.m. We strongly encourage you to arrive as early as possible.
- Graduation photos will be taken immediately after checking in. Arrive camera-ready!
- Please dress appropriately and wear comfortable shoes.
- Please press or steam your regalia prior to arrival.
- Tickets are not required.
- Please note that the Ewing Center is not air conditioned.
- If your family or guests need disability accommodations, please contact Campus Security at (440) 366-4053. Accessible seating is available at the Commencement Ceremony. However due to space limitations, we can only allow one person to accompany an individual in the accessible seating areas.
- Family and guests must be in their seats in the Ewing Center Field House by 9:15 a.m. or they may be asked to wait in the lobby until the faculty and student processionals have ended.
- Apple Watches will be given away to three lucky students toward the end of the ceremony-you must be present to win.
- Please join us for a reception in the College Center Commons for refreshments and celebration following the Commencement Ceremony.
Watch the ceremony live on YouTube. Commencement will be streamed live on the LCCC YouTube channel.
Still Have Questions?
- LCCC Students with general questions, including eligibility, should call Ms. Melynda Coleman of Enrollment Services at 440-366-4174.
- LCCC Students with questions regarding their cap and gown should contact the LCCC Bookstore at 440-366-4055.
- LCCC Students with questions regarding diploma distribution should contact the Records Office at 440-366-4067.
- University Partnership Students with general questions regarding participating in Commencement should contact the University Partnership office at 800-995-5222 extension 4949.