All faculty and staff are invited to participate in this year’s commencement ceremony. This is a momentous day for many of our students and their families, and we hope that you will show your support and help to celebrate their accomplishments. Each year we attract more and more students to the ceremony, and last year we saw nearly 550 students cross the stage. Your presence plays a strong role in the success of the day and what our students will remember for years to come. Details regarding your role in the event can be found below.
Day of Commencement Details
- Instructions for Wearing An Academic Hood
- Regalia: Faculty and Staff regalia must be ordered by February 17, 2017 by clicking one of the links below to complete the online order form or by contacting the bookstore. The bookstore will contact you when you regalia is ready for pick-up.
- Arrival: Plan to arrive by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 13, in your regalia, and gather in two straight lines in the west hallway adjacent to the field house (where the Early College lockers are located). Faculty Marshals and Commencement Staff (both will be wearing lanyards) will be there to assist you. ALL MEMBERS OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE LEADERSHIP TEAM SHOULD BE TOGETHER AT THE FRONT OF THE LEFT LINE. Otherwise, there is no specific order for faculty and staff. The processional will being at 9:15 and the program will last approximately 2.5 hours.
- Parking: Available for all attendees in any of the LCCC parking lots except Lot #9 (in front of the Barbara and Mike Bass Library) which will be reserved for handicapped parking. Guests and candidates with special needs are welcome to use Lot #9.
- Marching: Faculty and Staff all march together as one group, in two lines, immediately following the Platform Party (led by Dr. Ballinger and Terry Goode, Chairman of the District Board). You will remain standing at your seats as the students march behind you.
- Rehearsal: You are all welcome to attend an optional rehearsal on Friday, May 12 at 3:00 p.m. This portion of the rehearsal will be specifically for faculty and staff.
- Faculty Marshals: If you are interested in serving as a Faculty Marshal or volunteering to serve on the Commencement Committee, please contact Alison Musser (216) 233-0728 or email@example.com.
- Reception: A reception for all students, faculty, staff and their guests will be held in the College Center Commons immediately following the ceremony. Please join us and take this time to personally congratulate your students!
Communicating Commencement Information to Students
One of the biggest challenges we face every year is making sure our student body is aware of the many deadlines associated with Commencement. Please help us by reminding students that you regularly interact with of the following deadlines:
- March 10: Deadline for LCCC Graduates to complete their petition to graduate (Counseling Desk in Career Services).
- February 17: Last day for faculty to order caps and gowns.
- April 18: Student deadline to order cap and gown (links found under LCCC Graduate Information or UP Graduate Information pages).
- April 18: Grad Fair – College Center Commons, Caps and Gowns will be distributed here for LCCC students. Caps and Gowns will also be available for pick up in the Bookstore through May 15.
- May 12: Optional rehearsal for students begins at 2:00 p.m. in Ewing.