I. PEFT 151 Orientation and PEFT 152 Continuous Enrollment Requirements
A. PEFT 151 students are required to complete an Orientation before using the Fitness Center if they are:
- A first-time PEFT 151 student.
- A former PEFT 151 student who took Lifetime Fitness prior to the summer semester of the 2009 academic year and has not been set up on the FitLinxx system.
B. PEFT 151 students are required to enroll in an Orientation section:
- Lifetime Fitness has a scheduled class time for the first five weeks and the last week of the semester. During these scheduled times students are set up on the FitLinxx system and fitness assessments will take place. Attendance at these is mandatory (additional orientations are not scheduled).
a. credit students who miss orientation must withdraw or risk receiving a failing grade for the class.
b. audit students who miss orientation must withdraw or they will be administratively withdrawn.
c. tuition refunds to students withdrawing are in accordance with the college’s refund policy.
C. PEFT 152 students are those who continue in the credit section. These students are previously set up on FitLinxx and do not need orientation. They should begin attending in the fitness center at the beginning of the semester. Their other requirement is completion of the Pre and Post Learning Assessment Tool on ANGEL.
- Any student previously enrolled in PEFT 152 and failed the class, withdrew from the class or audited the class and are now taking as a credit student must re-enroll in PEFT 151 and attend an orientation again.
- Registration for PEFT 152 is through the first week of the term.
D. All PEFT 151 & 152 students are required to:
- Complete a minimum of two or more circuits each week in the fitness center.
a. Adaptive exercise programs are designed for students with physical limitations.
- Maintain their workout time on the fitness center computer and on the FitLinxx system.
- Complete each workout in the Fitness Center for a minimum of 30 and maximum of 90 minutes.
- Adhere to established Fitness Center policies & procedures.
E. Non Credit NPER 150 students wishing to register for multiple, successive terms may register at Enrollment Services or by phone with a credit card.
II. Grading Options and Deadlines
- Letter Grade (unless another option has been declared in writing at Enrollment Services
- Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. DEADLINE: must be declared at Enrollment Services by Friday of the eighth scheduled week of the semester. This option cannot be reversed once the term is in session.
a. PEFT 151 students
- SATISFACTORY must earn a letter grade of D or better; a minimum of 24 hours and 24 visits. This makes up 50% of total grade.
- UNSATISFACTORY is less than a letter grade of D, less than 24 hours and 24 visits. This makes up 50% of total grade.
b. PEFT 152 students
- SATISFACTORY must earn a letter grade of D or better; a minimum of 26 hours and 26 visits. This makes up 50% of total grade.
- UNSATISFACTORY is less than a letter grade of D; less than 26 hours and 26 visits. This makes up 50% of total grade.
No credit, no grade. DEADLINE: must be declared at Enrollment Services by the second week of the term. If Audit option is declared for the term, the status cannot be reversed to Credit once the semester is in session.