The Advanced Placement Pathway allows certified paramedics advanced placement in the Associate Degree Nursing (RN) program after successful completion of the transition course. Through this program, the certified paramedic will receive credit for prior coursework, thereby eliminating excessive course repetition.
- Be a graduate of a paramedic program.
- Have an active national certification in the United States or U.S. territories without restrictions or conditions.
- GPA of 2.5 or higher on all completed college-level coursework (includes transfer/transient courses).
- Have completed BIOG 121 with a grade of C or better.
- Have completed ENGL 161 with a grade of C or better.
- Have completed PSYH 151 or equivalent with a grade of C or better.
- Have completed MTHM 168 or equivalent with a grade of C or better.
- An Academic Preparedness Level of Proficient must be achieved on the ATI TEAS exam.
- Official high transcripts must be on file in the LCCC Records Office
- High Schools or GED
- Program application must be on file by the following deadlines to be selected for entry consideration.
- Spring Entry – September 5
- Fall Entry – January 5
- A new application must be submitted if the candidate is not admitted to the program; but wishes to be considered for admission to a future class.
Once accepted into the nursing program, students are eligible to register for NURS 131 ADVANCED PLACEMENT CERTIFIED PARAMEDIC TO RN. Upon successful completion with a grade of C or better, students will be given prior learning credit for the following classes (**NURS 131 may not be repeated if failed**):
- NURS 100: FUNDAMENTALS OF NURSING
- NURS 123: PHARMACOLOGY I
- ALHN 113: INTRO TO PATIENT CARE