Admission to the program is competitive with the program accepting 25 students each year. Applications for Fall 2019 start date are due February 8, 2019.
In order to apply for this program, you must:
- Attend an information session at EHOVE Career Center in Milan, Ohio.
- Apply to EHOVE Career Center OTA Program (OTA application available at information session)
- Pass a criminal background check (BCI). The student also is advised that conviction of a felony may prohibit placement in a fieldwork site. In addition, some licensing agencies restrict eligibility for licensure and/or licensure examinations based upon an individual’s criminal background.
- Have an official high school or GED and college/program transcripts (if applicable) on file in the LCCC Records office
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on all college-level coursework (including transfer/transient work).
GPAs are calculated using college grades when applicant has completed 15 or more college credits. If an applicant has fewer than 15 credit hours then high school GPA will be used. A C or better is required in all classes in the OTA program, both OCTA classes and support courses.
- Complete ALHN 120, Career Explorations in Occupational Therapy by end of Spring semester of year applying (end of Spring 2019 for 2019 Fall admission). Remainder of pre-admission courses must be completed prior to the start of OTA Program in Fall if accepted into the program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
If you are transferring from another college or university, the Records office should receive all transcripts at least 12 weeks before you complete a program application. This ensures that the processing of non-LCCC transcripts is completed well in advance of specific Health and Wellness program application deadlines.
If you are interested in applying to this program, you must:
- Complete the LCCC Application for Admission.
- Complete the Placement assessment.
- Complete all Occupational Therapy Assistant Preadmission Classes. Pre-Admission Requirements as specified on the program check list. (The OTA checklist provides you with information regarding the application requirements and admissions procedures. Checklist is attached to application form.
- Meet with Tammy Jenkins, an Academic Advisor once accepted as an LCCC student. Contact Tammy Jenkins at (440) 366-4833 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose is to verify that all requirements have been fulfilled. Upon verification of requirements, you may then file an OTA Program Application.
- Complete OTA Application Form available from OTA Information sessions. Submit questions on OTA application form when you submit application.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program of EHOVE Career Center/Lorain County Community College admits 25 students to the program each year in the Fall semester. The program has a competitive admission process.
To be considered the prospective student must have a minimum 2.5 GPA. A grade of 2.0 (C) is required in all classes for the OTA Program.
All applicants are scored on a rubric which has 2 parts: pre-interview and post-interview. Items on rubric carry different weights.
Not all candidates will be interviewed with the program interviewing up to 40 candidates in a small group interview format.
ALHN 120: Career Explorations in Occupational Therapy must be completed by the end of the Spring semester in the year applications are due (completed by May 2019 when applying for 2019 cohort).
The pre-interview scoring is based on:
- Writing samples on application
If invited for an interview the final score will be based on the above and:
- Spontaneous writing sample completed at interview
- Interview scores