Visit these helpful links to learn more about the Physical Therapy Assistant Program
Certification, Accreditation & Professional Organizations
[Insert Capte Image Here]
The Physical Therapist assistant Program at Lorain County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website:http://www.capteonline.org/.
The agency responsible for PTA licensing is the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board (OTPTAT Board).
Professional organizations for graduates
- Physical Therapist Assistant Association
Public Comment Policy
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Lorain County Community College engages in a process of continuous assessment and improvement. As part of that process comments, valid suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism are considered.
Persons already associated with the program, faculty, students, prospective students, clinical faculty and sites, and others have due process and grievance procedures available as noted in the Policy on Complaint Handling, and college due process/grievance procedures (LCCC Catalog, College Student Handbook, PTA Program Student Handbook, PTA Program Policy and Procedures Manual). However, individuals in the community who do not have a formal affiliation with this institution or program are also welcome to provide comments according to the following policy.
- This process is only for comments or concerns that cannot be addressed by existing grievance/due process procedures described in the LCCC catalog, Faculty Reference Guide, College Student Handbook, PTA Program Student Handbook, or PTA Program Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Comments must be provided in writing and signed by the author. Anonymous submissions will not be acknowledged, considered or investigated; nor will written comments provided on behalf of an anonymous source. A valid method to contact the author must be provided (phone, email, address).
- Comments must be submitted to the following:
PTA Program Director
Lorain County Community College
1005 Abbe Rd. North
Elyria, OH 44035
- The PTA Program Director shall respond to all comments within 10 working business days to further investigate, discuss, acknowledge receipt, or resolve the issue. If satisfactory follow-up or resolution is not or can not be reached at this level, appeal may be made to the Dean of Allied Health and Nursing within 5 business working days. The Dean shall respond within 10 working business days and if satisfactory resolution is not or can not be reached, appeal may be made to the Office of the Provost within 5 business working days. The decision of the Provost will be final. Neither the Dean nor the Provost will become involved until all attempts to resolve the issue with the Program Director have been exhausted.
- Records of all comments will be confidentially maintained by the Program Director for five (5) years. These records are not open to the public but are available to accrediting agencies of the college.