Recognized as One of the Best Places to Work in Northeast Ohio.
Lorain County Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age or disability.
Qualified applicants interested in the position(s) listed below should complete an online LCCC Employment Application. The complete application file should include a cover letter detailing area(s) of expertise, resume, and unofficial college transcripts which can be uploaded to the online application. Official transcripts required upon employment. Paper application forms and documents may also be submitted by forwarding materials to The Human Resources Office, Lorain County Community College, 1005 N. Abbe Road, Elyria, OH 44035. Candidate selected will be subject to appropriate background checks before hire.
Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer
Lorain County Community College (LCCC) http://www.lorainccc.edu, a dynamic comprehensive community college located 25 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio, near the shores of Lake Erie, serves more than 14,000 credit students. LCCC serves a culturally diverse population by promoting education, economic, cultural and community development. The college is guided by a strategic plan, Vision 2020, that includes three priorities and supporting initiatives to best meet the needs and aspirations of the entire community.
Lorain County Community College invites applications for the position of Vice President for Administrative Services and Treasurer. The Vice President reports directly to President and serves as a member of the Administrative Leadership Team.
The Vice President for Administrative Services/Treasurer serves as the College’s chief fiscal and administrative officer, providing leadership to 1) assure the overall short- and long-term financial well-being of the College, 2) develop long-term campus master plans and supporting capital budgets to align college facilities with strategic directions, 3) facilitate all legal matters and contracting relationships working closely with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, 4) direct operations of Controller’s Office, Human Resources Office, Campus Security and Bookstore and 5) oversees administrative services and policies to support the operations of the College.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Management or related field, plus 5 years of related experience in the public sector is required; Master’s Degree is preferred. Knowledge of the budgeting process of the State of Ohio in relation to public colleges/universities preferred. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative approaches in support of the College’s strategic direction as related to Administrative Services, foster open communication, a team approach to work, leadership development and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders.
Lorain County Community College is committed to promoting a culturally diverse environment; therefore, successful candidates will possess a commitment to serving a culturally diverse student/faculty/staff population. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
The starting salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. An offer of employment is contingent upon available funds and is conditional, based on approval by the Lorain County Community College Board of Trustees.
Qualified applicants should submit a complete package which includes: cover letter, highlighting relevant experience; a comprehensive resume/curriculum vitae; the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three work related references; LCCC Employment Application; and a professional statement and unofficial transcripts (official transcripts required upon employment). Incomplete files will not be considered. Paper application forms and documents may also be submitted by forwarding materials to the Human Resources Office, Lorain County Community College, 1005 N. Abbe Road, Elyria, OH 44035. Candidate selected will be subject to appropriate background checks before hire.
Deadline to apply is February 24, or until position is filled.
Executive Director Search
Foundation Executive Director
The Lorain County Community College is seeking a skilled, entrepreneurial, and strategic Executive Director for the College’s Foundation.
The Foundation’s Executive Director will work closely with the College President and Vice President for Strategic and Institutional Development, and lead all the advancement and fundraising activities for the Foundation. The Executive Director utilizes institutional goals and objectives to establish direction for expanded resource development, revenue enhancement, partnership building and launch of new strategic initiatives.
Reporting to the Vice President for Strategic and Institutional Development, the principle responsibility of the Foundation’s Executive Director is to facilitate key fundraising and advancement activities for the Foundation. This is a full-time position located in Elyria, Ohio.
About the Lorain County Community College Foundation
The Lorain County Community College Foundation is a separately incorporated 501c(3) nonprofit established in 1973. The Foundation directly supports the Lorain County Community College and its philanthropic initiatives. The Foundation assembles resources to accelerate LCCC’s mission and vision. This support creates a “margin of excellence” for LCCC that is not possible through traditional sources alone.
The Foundation’s Executive Director will collaborate with other administrators, the Foundation Board of Directors, and other members of the College’s and Foundation’s faculty and staff to ensure advancement and fundraising goals and benchmarks for the Foundation are being met.
This is a unique position that will require a candidate with special entrepreneurial skills and the tenacity to ensure gifts are not only secured, but that a strong cultivation and stewardship program is continued. Candidates must be a solid closer, while at the same time have a strong track record of developing and cultivating donor relationships over time.
- Creating and implementing strategies to identify, cultivate, steward and secure philanthropic gifts from individuals, corporations, businesses and foundations.
- Connect and align LCCC strategic priorities with LCCC Foundation strategic plans and initiatives.
- Serve as Campaign Director for the Foundation’s major, capital and planned gift campaigns
- Direct and administer a philanthropic giving program to include annual, major, capital, and planned giving.
- Direct LCCC alumni and friends programs.
- Engage LCCC Foundation Board of Directors to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of Foundation operations, policies and practices.
- Research and pursue alternative funding sources to broaden resource base.
- Serve as liaison with partners at the local, regional, state and federal level.
- Establish short and long term strategies to increase support for College initiatives.
- Develop cultivation and stewardship plans for College partners to sustain positive relationships and partnerships.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; recommends selection, retention, leave, and/or promotion of assigned staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a Master’s Degree preferred.
- CFRE certification preferred.
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive responsibility in development field (preferably in higher education) with a proven track record in building relationships, and major gift solicitation and cultivation with individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals with a record of achieving results.
- Solid, persuasive verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to deliver inspiring and succinct presentations and conduct productive meetings.
- The ideal candidate will possess very good judgment, strong emotional intelligence, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Authentic persona; highly energetic and a natural collaborator.
- Passion for the Lorain County Community College’s mission.
- Proficiency must be in the hands-on use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in CRM software, preferably Bloomerang database management.
This position is a full-time position, and compensation is commensurate with experience and enhanced by a comprehensive benefits package.
Deadline to apply is December 5, 2016 or until position is filled.
The Lorain County Community College Foundation is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
To apply please submit resume and salary requirements by email to: LCCCSearch@Cramerfundraising.com
Or by mail to:
Cramer & Associates, Inc.
Attn: LCCC Job Searc
555 Metro Place North
Dublin, Ohio 43017
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE