Social scientists study all aspects of society—from past events and achievements to human behavior and relationships between groups. Their research provides insights that help us understand different ways in which individuals and groups make decisions, exercise power, and respond to change. Through their studies and analyses, social scientists suggest solutions to social, business, personal, governmental, and environmental problems.
Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathway
The Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways (OGTPs) are designed to provide a clearer path to degree completion for students pursuing associate degrees who plan to transfer to an Ohio public university to complete their bachelor’s degree. The OGTPs also constitute an agreement between public community colleges and universities confirming that community college courses meet major preparation requirements and will be counted and applied toward the bachelor’s degree. Students still must meet all university program admission requirements.
Links of Interest
- Socioweb.com is an independent guide to the sociological resources available on the Internet. It includes listings for sociological associations, articles and essays, online journals and blogs, sociological theories, surveys, and university sociology departments
- American Sociological Association (ASA) is a non-profit association dedicated to advancing sociology as a scientific discipline and profession serving the public good
- Sociology students may find free money for college or an advanced degree at the fastweb link
Human/Social Services and Public Safety
Cleveland State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Safety Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban and Regional Studies