Businesses of all sizes and industries have computer networks and more and more work is performed online. The communication and data management that these networks provide is more critical than ever. As a result, experts with the ability to setup, manage and support these networks are vital.
Trained network administrators design, install and support local area network (LAN), wide-area network (WAN), intranets, and internet system. They provide day-to-day onsite administrative support for software users. They maintain network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor the network to ensure security and availability. They also gather data to identify customer needs and then use that information to identify, interpret and evaluate system and network requirements. The job can be challenging and demanding, but it can also be rewarding and offer opportunities for continuous learning and growth.
LCCC’s Network Systems program offers a hands-on, real-world approach that is highly focused on technical training. However, it also offers a well-rounded education that ensures you’ll have the communication and people skills necessary to succeed in the workplace.
Network Systems Program
Computer and IT Programs
University of Akron
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Networking Option
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Programming Option
University of Toledo
Western Governors University
- Bachelor in Information Technology
- Bachelor in Software Development
- Bachelor in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Bachelor in Cloud and Systems Administration
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Network Operations and Security
- Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- Masters of Data Analytics
- MBA Information Technology Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology Management
Lorain County Community College is a Cisco Academy and offers this curriculum for both students who are starting out in the field (CCNA) and experienced professionals who need to enhance their skills and knowledge (CCNP and Security). These programs feature current technology in converged networks and the development of hands-on skills.