We understand that it’s difficult to return to college after being away for a few years. Because adult learners face specific challenges and have specialized needs and concerns, Lorain County Community College is partnering with other Ohio community colleges to offer a degree and services to help adult learners make the transition back to college.
You have the power to change your life. If our existing degree and or certificate programs do not meet your current educational needs, the ATS Degree @ Lorain County Community College allows you to design your own degree program! As part of ATS, students complete 30 credit hours of general education coursework and 30 credit hours of technical coursework.
Take courses from four Ohio community colleges, including:
- Lorain County Community College
- Columbus State Community College
- Lakeland Community College
- Owens Community College
The degree transfers into selected bachelor’s degrees at:
- The University of Akron
- Ohio University (including the bachelor of technical studies degree at the LCCC University Partnership).
- The University of Toledo
The ATS Degree Benefits
This flexible degree may allow those with previous college and life experience to complete their degree in a timelier manner. Specifically ATS offers:
Potential credit for prior learning
- Personal advisor on campus
- Pay at one college and take courses from another
- Web application and admission
- Degree transfer to three universities
- Single transcript
- Common online orientation course
- Reduced residency requirement to accelerate degree completion
Students choose one college to award the degree and receive the advantages of courses from four other colleges. After earning the ATS degree, students can begin one of three online bachelor’s degrees allowing them to earn a second degree within the support of and driving distance of their local community college.
Student Support Services
ATS Degree participants can take advantage of the following services:
- Single transcript and single tuition payment
- Personal advisor on campus
- E-commerce functionalities allowing one-time payment for tuition, labs, books, etc.
- Access to support services for advising, financial aid, libraries, career counseling, mentoring, exam proctoring, computer labs and more.
- Tutoring services.
Student Application Requirements
All applicants in the ATS program must meet the following application requirements:
- Must have previously earned 12 semester or 18 quarter credit hours
(Credits earned more than 10 years ago will be evaluated on a case-to-case basis and students can give evidence of proficiency by testing, portfolio, experiential credit or proficiency exam).
- Proficiency testing, portfolio and experiential learning credit will be available
- Must be college ready in both math (Math 151 or 171) and English (English 161). Refresh assistance is available.
- Must be 24 years or older
- Participation in orientation course ensures a learning plan will be created within the first term enrolled
- GPA Graduation Requirement – 2.0
Career Opportunities for ATS @ LCCC Grads
Earning this degree, combined with the experience and knowledge you already have, can advance your career. It can allow you to develop further confidence in your skills and give you a hiring edge that sets you apart from your competition.
For more information, please contact: