The communications profession, especially journalism, has changed dramatically with the advent of the internet and social media.
Many journalists have left the newsroom to start their own ventures in public relations, marketing, advertising and other related fields. Unfortunately, many of them face immense challenges because of their lack of knowledge in these digital worlds. Similarly, marketing and public relations graduates experience the same kinds of challenges as they strive to incorporate the informal world of the internet into formal business communications.
This comprehensive certificate program covers all these areas – journalism, public relations, marketing and advertising. It may help entrepreneurs launch their career goals, serve as an excellent spring board for students seeking a journalism or communications degree, or help working professionals transition their skill set.
LCCC journalism students get great jobs. They are hired by:
- Chronicle-Telegram, Elyria
- The Morning Journal, Lorain
- WEWS-Channel 5 TV station, and
- The Oberlin News, Oberlin.
LCCC Student Achievements in Journalism
LCCC students have excelled in several local and national contests:
- The Press Club of Cleveland (2016)
Five awards — News, features, sports and online reporting.
- The Society of Professional Journalists (Ohio) (2016)
One honor, Feature.
- The Press Club of Cleveland (2015)
Four awards — News, features and sports.
- The Press Club of Cleveland (2014)
Three awards — News, features and sports.
- The Society of Professional Journalists (National) (2014)
Two awards — Photography and breaking news.
Want to Know More?
Ready to Get Started?
Contact the Program Coordinator