Arts and Humanities Division
LCCC Prepared Pledge
Students at LCCC must uphold the college’s Honor Code and Code of Conduct, which includes high standards for respectful behavior that builds a supportive campus community for all. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, students, faculty and staff are required to adhere to campus policies designed to ensure a clean, safe, healthy environment in which learning and services can take place. LCCC is requiring all students, faculty, staff, and members of the public who enter LCCC properties to wear a face covering (mask) which covers their mouth and nose; to be symptom-free of any illness; to practice social distancing; and to practice good hygiene by washing their hands regularly.
All performing students and community members are expected to adhere to these safety protocols and pledge to honor the values of social responsibility, personal accountability and social citizenship as outlined on the LCCC website: https://www.lorainccc.edu/security/lccc-prepared/
- Face Coverings. Students and visitors are required to wear a mask to enter campus. Face coverings must be worn the entire time you are on campus. We can provide you with a disposable mask for this purpose, if needed.
- Controlled Entrances to Campus. Students and visitors must enter via several controlled entrances:
- College Center
- Bass Library
- Stocker Center
- Spitzer Conference Center
- Lab Sciences
- Fitness Center (Ewing Field House)
- Social Distancing. Six feet of social distancing is required on campus at all times. All meetings should continue to be held in a virtual format. All common areas are closed.
All students, faculty, and community members participating in Arts & Humanities ensembles will adhere to the following safety protocols while in rehearsals and classes:
- Enter through designated entrances with screening protocols
- Symptomatic individuals must stay home and not attend rehearsals
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet between individuals when rehearsing/performing, preferably more.
- Minimize cross-team contact as much as possible
- No congregating before or after practices/rehearsals/performances. Close contact between performers is prohibited
- Use the hand sanitizer provided
- Directors and conductors will wear face coverings at all times, musicians and performers will wear face coverings when not rehearsing/performing. Masks must be put back on when not playing
- When possible, a face covering with a small slit for the mouthpiece will be worn while playing an instrument
- Those playing non-wind instrument will wear masks throughout rehearsals/performances
- No more than 10 individuals will be in SC 140 rehearsing at one time.
- Performances pieces will have limited performer participation of small groups (2-9 performers) with no large ensemble rehearsals/performances allowed
- Rehearsals will be spaced out with groups meeting at staggered times and using more than one room to allow for social distancing
- When possible, rehearsals will be conducted outside
- Instruments and equipment will not be shared. Performers are responsible to clean and disinfect their own equipment
- Food, drink, water bottles, and other items will not be shared
- Performers will follow the venue protocols as outlined by Stocker Center
- Onstage performers will maintain at least 6 feet of social distancing
- Mask must be worn in all backstage areas, including the green room, other holding rooms, and dressing rooms
- No large group performances are allowed
- Symptomatic individuals will not participate in performances