Posted October 22, 2020
If you’re thinking of a career change or want to learn more about academic programs, you can find what you need at a variety of virtual information sessions being offered at Lorain County Community College.
During October, LCCC has two virtual Career Exploration workshops scheduled along with a standing schedule of virtual Campus Visitation Days from now until December that you can take advantage of whether you will be soon graduating from high school or have been in the workforce for years. All workshops and visitation days are free.
The virtual Career Exploration workshops – the first in a series to target adult learners –will review the use of career online tools to lessen the confusion of choosing a career path. The workshops will highlight the following:
- Personalized career coaching
- Practical tips on how to successfully launch a career change
- Ways to pay for a certificate or degree to advance your career
- Information about in-demand careers and LCCC’s Fast-Track to Employment Certificates that can be completed in 16 weeks or less
The virtual Career Exploration workshops will be held:
- Tuesday, October 27 from 6-7 p.m.
- Thursday, October 29 from 10-11 a.m.
To register for either of the virtual Career Exploration workshops, call (440) 366-4076 or visit http://www.lorainccc.edu/careerseries. Once registered you will receive a link to the virtual workshop.
If you are considering transferring to LCCC for spring semester from another college or university, or are a recent or upcoming high school graduate, the virtual Campus Visitation Days are a perfect way to learn how to get started in college, how to apply and register for classes, what academic programs LCCC offers, as well as learn about financial aid and tuition. These are offered every Tuesday and Friday through December 15th.
The virtual Campus Visitation Days will be held:
- Friday, October 23 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 27 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 6 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 10 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, November 20 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 24 at 2 p.m.
- Friday, December 4 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 8 at 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 15 at 2 p.m.
For more information or to register for a virtual Campus Visitation Day, go to http://www.lorainccc.edu/visit. Once registered you will receive a link to the virtual campus visit via WebEx. Registrants will also receive event reminders via email prior to their selected session.