LCCC’s Federal School Code is: 003068
The first step in the financial aid process at LCCC is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current award year. Students are encouraged to apply early for all grants, scholarships and awards for which they may be eligible. For Fall Semester, applying prior to June 1 of each year will enable you to avoid the lines, late rush and ensures maximum award eligibility. Early application will allow for the completion of routine processing and possible corrections within the federal and state timelines, and will also allow the student reasonable time for personal financial planning.
The 2019-20 FAFSA is Now Available!
Starting October 1, 2018 you can fill out both the 2019-20 FAFSA and the current year FAFSA 2018-19. Please be sure to complete the correct version of FAFSA.
The Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is now available to pull your 2017 Federal Tax Return for the 2019-20 FAFSA.
Mobile FAFSA App Now Available for Download
The Department of Education has launched a beta version of myStudentAid, its much-anticipated mobile FAFSA app. The app, which was first announced in November, is now available in the App Store and Google Play. According to the Federal Student Aid website, this initial version of the app allows students and families to fill out the 2018-19 FAFSA. Future versions will offer additional functionality. Earlier this summer, FSA also redesigned its website to make it more mobile-friendly, among other changes.
Apply for Financial Aid
- Obtain an FSA-ID
You will need one for yourself and, if you are a dependent student, one of your parents will need an FSA-ID, also. This USER ID and password will be used to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and to secure access to government student financial aid websites.
- The FSA-ID can be obtained through https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Read and complete each question carefully
- Be sure to write down your User ID and password since you will need them for years to come
- Federal regulations stipulate that only the person whose information is being provided can complete the FSA ID request, meaning a student cannot apply for an FSA ID for his/her parent and a parent cannot apply for an FSA ID for the student
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
This form is completed electronically via http://www.fafsa.gov/. Make certain that you complete the FAFSA for the appropriate award year. The federal year runs from July 1- June 30. The LCCC school code is 003068. You will need to provide that information on the FAFSA. The following video is a helpful tool for completing the FAFSA: http://www.finaid.ucsb.edu/fafsasimplification
- Apply for a Direct Student Loan
If you choose to obtain loan funds to help offset your educational costs, learn about important information regarding student loans and step-by-step instructions.
- Watch your MyCampus and LCCC email accounts
for important information from our office. Please submit all additionally required information as soon as possible to assure timely disbursement of financial aid. Outstanding items will have one of the following status:
- Initiated – waiting for student to take action or submit required document
- Received – information received and in process of review
- Completed – information reviewed and completed
- Waived – document not needed – request cleared
- Apply for scholarships!
Check our LCCC website for ongoing scholarship opportunities. Research additional scholarship opportunities through the Community Foundation of Lorain County and local fraternal, social, religious, employment and other local resources.
If you have questions, please contact the Financial Services Center at 440-366-4034, visit us in person on the first floor of the Bass Library or join us on Live Chat every Monday-Thursday from Noon – 2 pm
Important Verification Information
IRS Get Transcript Online Service is Available Again for the 2018-2019 FAFSA users