The Incentive Award for Non-Traditional Students (IANS) is a privately-funded award intended to help nontraditional students achieve a college education and training. You may be a non-traditional student if you meet at least one of the following criteria:
- support your own child
- are a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- are over 24 years of age.
Other qualifications are defined by the Federal government on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). A copy of the guidelines is available in Student Financial Aid.
The amount of the award varies per student and it can be used to help pay for tuition, books, and other educational expenses including child care and transportation. The IANS is a need-based award. If the applicant does not have any unmet need as defined by the Federal Government, the applicant must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average to be considered.
To apply for this award you must:
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is available at fafsa.ed.gov or can be completed in the Financial Aid office at Lorain County Community College.
- Enroll at least half-time (a minimum of 6 credit hours), in a program leading to a degree or certificate.
- Be a new LCCC student or have at least a 2.5 cumulative LCCC grade point average.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Complete the scholarship application form below.
If you have any questions or need further information, call:
Student Financial Aid
Non-Traditional Student Scholarship Application
Please complete the application below: