Lorain County Community College will offer full- and partial-tuition scholarships to LCCC and University Partnership students pursuing majors in one of many identified programs in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) as part of the state of Ohio’s Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program.
To qualify for the scholarship, LCCC and UP STEM students must:
- Have a 3.0 or higher high school or college Grade Point Average
- Reside in the state of Ohio
- Have declared a STEM major through LCCC in an associate’s degree program or the University Partnership
- Register for a minimum of eight credit hours for the 2017 fall semester at LCCC or with a University Partner.
- To be eligible for renewal, student must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and make sufficient progress toward degree completion in a timely manner.
Students currently receiving full-tuition scholarships for 2017-2018 academic year are not eligible to apply.
The following majors are included in the list of qualifying programs:
LCCC Associate’s Degree Programs
- Electrical Power Utility Technology – Overhead Line Technology
- Electrical Power Utility Technology – Substation Technology
- Electronic Engineering Technology – Applied Electronics Major
- Automation Engineering Technology – Maintenance/Repair Major
- Automation Engineering Technology – Systems Specialist Major
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology – Computer Aided Machining Major
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology – Industrial Mechanical Technician
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology – Industrial Electrical Technician
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology – Quality Assurance Major
- Computer Games and Simulation Design
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Computer Maintenance and Networking Major
- Computer Engineering Technology – Computer and Digital Forensics Major
- Computer Engineering Technology – Computer Applications Integration Specialist Major
LCCC/University Partnership Programs
- Automated Manufacturing Engineering Technology, the University of Akron
- Biology, Bowling Green State University
- Computer Information Systems, The University of Akron
- Computer Science & Engineering Technology, University of Toledo
- Computer Science & Engineering, University of Toledo
- Environmental Science, Bowling Green State University
- Graduate Studies in Engineering Management, Ohio University
- Psychology, Cleveland State University
- Respiratory Care, Bowling Green State University, Firelands
- Surveying & Mapping, The University of Akron
Preference will be given to students who apply before June 1, 2017.
For more information about the LCCC Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program, please contact the LCCC Financial Services Center at (440) 366-4034.