Are you an Elyria resident? You may be eligible to earn a free short-term certificate in high-demand fields like information technology, advanced manufacturing and healthcare as part of a unique partnership between Lorain County Community College and the City of Elyria.
- Current resident of Elyria
- High school diploma or GED*
- Must enroll into a short-term certificate program in spring 2021
*Individuals without a diploma will enroll in LCCC’s free Aspire/GED program or 22+ Adult Diploma program first.
To learn more about Elyria Skill City, please join us for an information session:
Wednesday, May 19
In-Person at LCCC or Virtual Via Zoom
You will receive an email with the virtual info session link after your registration is submitted.
Watch your email for more information.
If you do not receive the link or have trouble accessing, please call 440-508-6688.
The academic programs selected for Skill City directly align with identified industry needs focusing on in-demand careers.
- Accounting Clerk with Quickbooks
- Project Management Program Certification
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Medical Coding
- State Tested Nursing Assistant
Computer Science and Information Technology
- Computer Diagnostics and CompTia A+ Cert Prep
- Computer Networking & Comp Tia
- Computer Information Systems – Software Development
- Computer Information System – Web Design
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CPA – C ++ Certified Associate Programmer
- Python Certified Associate in Programming (PCAP)
- MicroCredentials: (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Electronics Fabrication
- Environmental and Safety Technician
- Industrial Safety Technology/Technician
- Machining Technician
- Welding Technician and AWS-3F Certification
- Additive Manufacturing
- Engineering Technology
- Quality Assurance
- Micro-credentials in: IPC J Standard CIT, MSSC Certified Production Technician
- Earn industry-recognized credential(s)
- Complete in 16 weeks or less
- Dedicated academic and career coach
- Hands-on experience
- Career and interview coaching and job/employer connections
- Academic and career advising that encourages career and/or degree/credential advancement
Additional Short-Term Training Opportunities at LCCC
Ready to learn more? Contact us today!
Nakia Okafor Roundtree
Academic and Career Advisement Professional
440 366-4154 (office)
440 508- 6688 (cell)
Complete our interest form and we will contact you soon.