Earn and Learn
In LCCC’s Earn and Learn programs, you can earn an income and get valuable on-the-job training while you’re going to college, setting you up with real-world experience and a strong resume when you graduate.
In these programs, you’ll split your time between classroom learning and paid jobs and internships in your field. We now offer Earn and Learn formats in these programs, but the list is growing.
- Automation Engineering Technologies
- CISS Software Development
- Cyber & Information Systems
- Digital Fabrication
- Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Data Analytics
- CNC Machining
- Nursing (clinical and practical work)
Where do you want to be when you graduate? With an Earn and Learn program, you could finish your degree or certificate with no college debt and a job working in your field.
Dream Earn and Learn Team
LCCC's Earn and Learn partnership with University Hospitals lets nursing students like Ashlee Pollock work full-time while attending college. In the program, current UH employees working as patient care nursing assistants (PCNA) earn the licensed practical nurse (LPN) credential.
LCCC has engaged with local employers to offer paid work-based learning that provides full-time or part-time entry-level jobs or internships with businesses that are actively seeking to attract and retain employees.
- Receive hands-on experience and on-the-job training.
- Earn a livable wage while completing your education.
- Pairing of experience and education makes you more desirable to employers.
- Gain early exposure to the hiring process; including resume building, job search skills, interviewing, and employability skills.
View the available internships within the earn and learn programs.
Employers can partner with LCCC in an Earn and Learn program to form partnerships to help create a continuous pipeline of skilled employees, lower the time and cost to recruit and retain top talent, support the creation of additional education experience and increase the skill levels of employees, and have the opportunity to hire students into full-time positions at the completion of the program.
Employers can participate in a number of ways:
- Sponsor a student for a paid work-based learning opportunity
- Allow the use of your company logo in candidate recruitment and promotional materials
- Participate on an industry advisory council at LCCC
- Participate in the design of the Earn and Learn program
- Review resumes of students and provide feedback
- Interview students
Take the Next Step
Need help to think through whether an Earn and Learn program is right for you? Additional questions or Interest? Please contact us at:
Earn and Learn Program Developer