Training Recruitment Acceleration Innovation Network of Ohio
Our region is thriving with opportunity. Yet area employers face a shared challenge: a critical labor shortage. Through the TRAIN OH Earn and Learn program, local companies and LCCC are coming together to develop solutions. TRAIN OH is the path to early, hands-on experience and on-the-job training in high-demand and high-skill industries.
LCCC’s TRAIN OH program offers an Earn & Learn approach to earning a certificate or degree, combining a hands-on college degree in several different in-demand career fields, with paid work based learning with Northeast Ohio companies.
TRAIN OH allows students to attend school full-time, two days a week and work at a sponsoring company three days a week.
LCCC Degree Programs Currently Offering Earn and Learn Programs:
- Automation Engineering Technologies
- CISS Software Development
- Cyber & Information Systems
- Micro Electromechanical Systems (MEMS)
LCCC has engaged with local employers to offer paid work based learning through this program. TRAIN OH is an employment program that provides full-time or part-time entry-level jobs, or internships with businesses that are actively seeking to attract and retain employees.
- Receive hands-on experience and on-the-job training.
- Earn a livable wage while completing your education.
- Pairing of experience and education makes you more desirable to employers.
- Gain early exposure to the hiring process; including resume building, job search skills, interviewing, and employability skills.
Employers can partner with LCCC in an earn and learn program to form partnerships to help create a continuous pipeline of skilled employees, lower the time and cost to recruit and retain top talent, support the creation of additional education experience and increase the skill levels of employees, and have the opportunity to hire students into full-time positions at the completion of the program.
Employers can participate in the program in a number of ways:
- Sponsor a student for a paid work based learning opportunity
- Allow the use of your company logo in candidate recruitment and promotional materials
- Participate on an industry advisory council at LCCC
- Participate in the design of the earn and learn program
- Review resumes of students and provide feedback
- Interview students
Take the Next Step
Need help to think through whether TRAIN is a fit for your company or resources that may be available to help offset the cost of training? Additional questions or Interest? Please contact us at:
Earn and Learn Program Developer