Have You Contracted H1N1?
Several people throughout the county have contracted the H1N1 virus. If you have, please let us know. We will not collect any information that will identify you personally. The purpose of the form is to get a count of the number of people in our campus community who have contracted the virus.
Lorain County Community College officials would like to remind all campus community members of the need to stay informed and current on the 2009 flu season. College officials have been working to ensure continuity of course room instruction and business operations, and to educate campus community members on what to do if they are sick. All campus community members should utilize the following precautions to reduce their exposure to seasonal flu and H1N1:
- Practice good hand hygiene- frequent, thorough hand washing for 20 seconds, also consider carrying a bottle of hand sanitizer with you at all times;
- Practice cough & respiratory etiquette- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; if you don’t have a tissue readily available, use your upper sleeve;
- Stay home and avoid contact with others if you are sick;
- Get vaccinated in order to protect against seasonal flu and H1N1
Students and employees with severe respiratory or flu-like illness are encouraged not to attend class or work until they are without fever for 24 hours without the aid of fever-reducing medication.
For information regarding flu shot clinics, please visit the following web sites:
For additional information regarding seasonal flu and H1N1 please visit the following websites:
- CDC H1N1 Flu | Action Steps for Students, Faculty, and Staff to Prevent the Spread of Fluhttp://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/institutions/toolkit/actionstepsstudents.htm