Parking and vehicle regulations are in place at Lorain County Community College to ensure the safety of students, faculty and staff, and visitors to the College.
Campus Security issues all parking permits (including faculty/staff, visitors, handicapped and other special) and will answer all questions regarding parking and vehicle regulations.
Yellow-line spaces are reserved for faculty and staff with permits.
White-lined spaces are for students, guests and general parking.
Parking is monitored and vehicle regulations enforced by LCCC Campus Security.
As a courtesy, Campus Security offers the following vehicle assistance:
- unlock doors
- jump-start batteries
- locate vehicles
- accident, theft and damage reports.
Although general security patrol is provided, you are advised to lock your vehicle at all times and to secure valuables out of sight. LCCC is not responsible for damage, loss, or theft of vehicles or other property of those using College facilities.
All persons shall park in assigned areas and within a single parking space. Illegal parking is defined as:
- Parking in a restricted area (such as fire lanes, at yellow painted curbs, in “no parking” areas or in driveways, etc.);
- Parking in a driveway or entrance to a parking area since driveways and entrances are considered fire lanes;
- Parking in a space or area specifically designated with a “reserved” sign. No person shall park in Handicap designated parking areas unless registered with the State of Ohio and displaying an appropriate placard.
Handicapped (and Disabled) Parking
LCCC provides special parking for disabled and handicapped students and visitors. Individuals requesting a temporary campus handicapped parking permit may be required to furnish a physician’s statement attesting to the need for special parking considerations. The Director of Campus Security determines the need for such a statement. Valid handicapped permits issued by the State of Ohio are recognized as authorization for parking in designated handicapped areas.
Faculty and Staff Vehicle Registration
LCCC requires the registration of all motor vehicles on campus that are operated by faculty and staff when such vehicles are operated or parked on the College campus. Faculty and staff permits are issued on a permanent basis and are for the exclusive use of the faculty or staff member to whom issued. Use of the permit by others is prohibited and may result in revocation of the permit.
Students and visitors are not required to register their vehicles.
Absent specific College traffic regulations, all provisions of the Ohio Revised Code (related to any traffic matter) shall be in full force and effect on all College-owned or controlled property and shall be enforced at all times.
- The speed limit on the College’s main roadways is 25 m.p.h. and 10 m.p.h. in parking areas.
- Vehicle operators must yield the right-of-way to pedestrians.
- It is unlawful to disobey the directions of any traffic sign, signal or Campus Security Officers.
- Vehicle accidents occurring on College property are to be reported immediately, regardless of the extent of the damage.
Penalties for Violations
Students, faculty and staff charged with a violation shall pay the appropriate fine by making payment (in person or by mail) at the Cashier’s Window or to the Bursar’s Office within 10 days of the violation.
Visitors who receive parking citations are requested to contact Campus Security for disposition of the matter. Appeals will be considered within 10 calendar days from the date the citation was issued and should be submitted in writing to the Director of Campus Security. Appeals denied at the Campus Security level may be appealed to the LCCC Vice President for Administrative Services. Vice President’s Office decisions are final.
Schedule of Fines
|01||Unauthorized handicapped parking
* Note: If cited by the City of Elyria –
$250 for a first offense, $500 for repeat offenses.
|03||Yellow Lined – Faculty/Staff Parking||$10.00|
|04||30 Minute Parking Only||$10.00|
|07||Child Care Drop Off||$10.00|
|08||Endcap / Striped Area||$10.00|
|09||Not a Parking Space||$10.00|
|12||Failure to obey (officer/traffic sign)||$25.00|
|13||Failure to yield to pedestrian/vehicle||$25.00|