If toxic chemicals come in contact with your skin, immediately flush the affected area with clear water.
- Call 4444 or 4053 IMMEDIATELY.
- If there is any possible danger, evacuate your area.
If a Chemical Fire Occurs:
- Remain calm.
- Call 911 by using an emergency phone or by dialing 9-911 from a campus telephone
- Call security at 4444 or 4053
- If the fire is small and you have received training, attempt to put it out with a fire extinguisher or other available means. Do not jeopardize your personal safety.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- Evacuate your area if you are unable to put out the fire. Close doors and windows behind you to confine the fire. Proceed to an exit.
- Do not break windows. Oxygen feeds a fire.
- Do not attempt to save possessions at the risk of personal injury.
- Do not return to the emergency area until instructed to do so by Campus Security, Police or Fire Department officials.
Planning includes training in proper use of fire extinguishers and knowing their location.