How To Report A Fire
- Report any fires on campus to Campus Security at 4444 or 4053
- Use an emergency phone to contact 9-1-1 or dial 9-9-1-1 from a campus telephone
- Activate the nearest fire alarm pull station
- If you can help control the fire without personal danger, take action with available fire fighting equipment. If not, leave the area.
- A local alarm station will cause the alarm horns to sound. It does not automatically notify the fire department.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- Remove all persons from the danger area. Close doors behind you to confine the fire.
Response to Audible Fire Alarm
- If the audible horn alarm sounds, evacuate the building/area immediately.
- Do not use the elevators.
- If requested, accompany and assist persons with disabilities who appear to need direction or assistance.
- Take essential items with you only.
- Remain approximately 100 feet from the exits to help facilitate clear access to the building for the Fire Department.
- Return to the building only when instructed to do so by Campus Security, Police or Fire Department officials.