Emergency Medical Assistance

In an Emergency Medical situation, Campus Security will summon Emergency Medical Services (EMS) if needed or requested to do so. Campus Security does not transport injured or stricken individuals to hospitals or emergency care centers. If an emergency arises on campus, call Campus Services using a regular college telephone by dialing 4444 or “0” for operator. If you do not have access to a regular telephone and there is an immediate need for police, fire or ambulance response, activate any emergency phone. By pushing the large red button you will be put in touch with Lorain County’s 9-1-1 system. Again, only activate an emergency phone if police, fire or ambulance response is required.

Assistance for Illness or Injuries

  • Call 4444 or 4053 to contact Campus Security.  If an ambulance is required, activate an emergency phone or dial 9-9-1-1 from a campus telephone.
  • Campus Security will provide required services.
  • Unless trained, do not attempt to render any first aid before trained assistance arrives.
  • Do not attempt to move a person who has fallen and appears to be in pain.
  • Limit your communication with ill or injured person to quiet reassurances.
  • After the person’s immediate needs have been taken care of, remain to assist the investigating officer with pertinent information about the incident.
  • Planning for such emergencies includes being trained in emergency first aid procedures and CPR.