Procedure for Power Outage
- Remain calm.
- Provide assistance to others in your immediate area who may be unfamiliar with the space.
- If you are in an unlighted area, proceed cautiously to an area that has emergency lights.
- If you are in an elevator, stay calm. Use the emergency button or telephone to alert Campus Security.
- If instructed to evacuate, proceed cautiously to the nearest clear exit.
- Planning for such situations includes having a flashlight available.
- Call Campus Security at 4444 or 4053.
- Initiate power outage protocols for critical operations such as fume hoods.
Procedure for Elevator Malfunction
If an elevator malfunctions and a person is confined in the stalled elevator, contact Campus Security immediately. Dial 4444 or 4053. A Campus Security Officer will be dispatched to the scene to render assistance. Otherwise, call Physical Plant at ext. 4017 to report the malfunctioning elevator.