We are excited to welcome you back to Stocker Arts Center’s Beth K. Stocker Art Gallery.
PLEASE NOTE: Patrons and Stocker Arts Center employees are required to wear masks covering both their noses and mouths at all times while in the building. We want you to feel safe and comfortable coming to our gallery. Rest assured we are implementing best practices as recommended by leading health organizations to provide a safe experience. Below are responses to some questions about our protocols and procedures to prevent the spread of disease at Stocker Arts Center. We have used guidelines from the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, Ohio Department of Health and the Lorain County Health Department, as well as from other performing arts centers and arts organizations to create this plan. This document is being updated as necessary.
- Temperature monitoring will be done for staff, artists and guests as they enter Stocker Arts Center.
- Per state mandate, Guests, Artists and Stocker Arts Center employees are required to wear masks covering both their noses and mouths at all times while in the building. You will be provided with masks if requested. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be denied entry into the gallery and asked to leave the facility.
- There will be signs on the art gallery doors indicating available entrances and exits allowing for one-way traffic as well as gallery protocol.
- People who have recently been sick, have a fever or have been exposed to the virus are asked to stay home. People with symptoms such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, may have coronavirus/COVID-19. We encourage you to stay home and contact a medical professional if you are experiencing any symptoms.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations available throughout the facility and in the gallery.
- Everyone is required to practice social distancing while in the gallery and on campus.
- All guests will be required to sign-in with name, email address, and phone number.
- The maximum number of guests permitted in the gallery at one time will vary depending on the size and scope of the exhibition. If more guests are present than we can accommodate, some will be required to wait in the Art Gallery lobby or the Stocker Arts Center main lobby.
- HVAC systems are set to maximize fresh air ventilation.
- All gallery and lobby surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized each day, before and after, and between each event.
- Frequency of cleaning will be increased in all areas, and high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas will be cleaned throughout the duration of events.
- Bathroom facilities will be open for use. We ask you to self-monitor and ensure adequate distancing.
How You Can Help
Here are some of the ways that you can protect yourself and help prevent the spread of the virus while in public and at Stocker Arts Center events:
- Do not attend an event if you are showing any symptoms, have recently been sick, or have been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19.
- Take standard precautions, such as frequent handwashing, wearing a mask, and maintaining a physical distance of at least six feet from others while in the lobby, restrooms and other common areas of the building.
Safety Guidelines for Staff
- In order to protect our guests, our employees will be wearing masks.
- Temperatures must be taken at home and the LCCC Safe form completed before reporting to work each day. Temperatures will also be checked upon arrival at Stocker Arts Center.
- Employees will sanitize workstations throughout the day, with shared office equipment (copier, walkie-talkies, earpieces, scanners, phones, paper cutter, etc.) sanitized immediately after use.
- Hands must be washed and/or hand sanitizer used regularly throughout the day