We are eager to reopen and welcome you back to Stocker Arts Center. PLEASE NOTE: Patrons and Stocker Arts Center employees are required to wear masks at all times. Performers are also required to wear masks when not performing. We want each of you to feel safe and comfortable attending our performances. Rest assured, we are implementing best practices as recommended by leading health organizations to provide a safe experience when visiting Stocker Arts Center.
Below are responses to some questions about our protocols and procedures to prevent the spread of disease at Stocker Arts Center – both in front of and behind the curtain. We have used guidelines from the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization, Ohio Department of Health and the Lorain County Health Department, as well as from other performing arts centers and arts organizations to create this plan. This document will be updated as necessary.
How Are we Planning to Protect Patrons?
- Patrons and Stocker Arts Center employees are required to wear masks at all times; Performers are also required to wear masks when not performing.
- There will be signs on the doors indicating available entrances and exits allowing for one-way traffic as well as expectations for behavior.
- Temperature monitoring will be done for staff, performers and patrons as they enter Stocker Arts Center.
- Theatre entry will be controlled – with one side of doors available for entrance before the show and the other side of doors for exit after the show. Ushers will be available to assist at the entry and exit points.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations available throughout the facility.
- There will be a minimum distance of twelve feet between the performer(s) on stage and where patrons are seated. There will be no patrons seated in rows AA or BB.
- HVAC systems will be set to maximize fresh air ventilation and we may choose to keep some doors to the theatre open during events.
- For now, no concessions/bar will be available at events and we request that patrons consume all food and beverages prior to coming to Stocker Arts Center.
- For now, all events will be performed without an intermission.
- All patrons, no matter what age, must have a ticket to enter a ticketed event. All children, regardless of age and including babies in arms, must have their own ticket and must be accompanied by an adult. There are no special discounts offered for babies.
- Strollers are not permitted in the theatre at any time. An infant in a car seat will be admitted to the theatre as long as the car seat fits in a theatre seat and remains there throughout the event and as long as the infant has a ticket for the performance.
- Artists and dates are subject to change without notice, though the information about performances is correct at the time it is shared on our website, e-newsletter or through any other publicity mechanism. Please check stockerartscenter.com for any updates.
Building and Venue Cleaning
- All lobby surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized each day, before and after, and between each event.
- All theatre surfaces will be cleaned, and seats/venue sanitized before, after, and between each event.
- Frequency of cleaning will be increased in all areas, and high-touch surfaces and high-traffic areas will be cleaned throughout the duration of events.
Minimizing Contact and Virus Spread
- Tickets will be print-at-home or you can have them sent to your mobile device. They will be scanned or collected at the door rather than torn.
- Physical tickets may still be picked up at our box office if you do not have a mobile device or if at-home printing is unavailable.
- No printed event programs will be available for now. We will collect program information from the artists and place a link on our website (http://www.stockerartscenter.com) so that you can read the program at your leisure. We will try to have the program information available prior to the event, but that will be dependent on when it is received from the artists.
- Per state mandate, patrons must wear masks while in the building, and will be provided with masks if requested. Anyone refusing to wear a mask will be denied entry into the theatre and required to leave the facility.
- Patrons will be provided sanitizing towels, subject to availability, to use to wipe down seats if requested for an additional assurance.
- All members of your family/party should arrive together so that you can be seated together.
- Patrons temperatures will be checked upon arrival at Stocker Arts Center.
- Patrons who have recently been sick, who have a fever or have been exposed to the virus, are required to stay home. We will offer a flexible refund/exchange policy for tickets if your health necessitates you missing an event for which you have already purchased a ticket.
- All ticket sales will require and collect contact information so that patrons may be reached if needed.
- Theatre capacity in the Hoke Theatre will be limited to a maximum of 15% of our 988 seats. The Cirigliano Studio Theatre will not be used for performances for the remainder of 2020.
- Only General Admission seating will be available for ticketed events, so that we can allow for a minimum of 6’ (3 empty seats) between each party (family/clan/pod), and assure that every other row remains empty. Our ushers will assist with seating.
- Floor markings and signage will indicate 6-foot distancing in the lobby.
- Bathroom facilities will be open for use, with capacity limited to ensure adequate distancing.
- On the designated entrance side, all entrance doors to the theatre will be open and available for touchless entry to minimize lines.
- Doors to the theatre will be open one hour prior to the performance, and start times may be relaxed a bit to ensure that patrons have adequate time to enter without crowding.
- Following the performance, we will release patrons from the theatre row-by-row to avoid a mass exit.
- Everyone is required to practice social distancing while on campus.
What Are the Safety Guidelines for Staff?
- In order to protect our audience members, our employees will be wearing masks. We require our guests to do so as well, per the state mandate.
- Temperatures must be taken at home and the LCCC Safe form completed before reporting to work each day. Temperatures will also be checked upon arrival at Stocker Arts Center.
- Employees will sanitize workstations throughout the day, with shared office equipment (copier, walkie-talkies, earpieces, scanners, phones, paper cutter, etc.) sanitized immediately after use.
- Hands must be washed and/or hand sanitizer used regularly throughout the day.
How Will we Ensure the Safety of Performers and Backstage Staff?
- Performers and their crew will be asked to take the LCCC SAFE assessment before coming to campus. Each member will also be required to take their temperature prior to any rehearsal, sound check or performance, and verify that everyone with the company is healthy.
- Performers or crew members who are sick or showing signs of illness will be asked to leave immediately.
- Masks will be required at all times during rehearsals and offstage during performances.
- All dressing room and green room surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized each day, before and after, and between each event.
- Upstairs and downstairs dressing room spaces will be made available to provide additional space for performers to practice social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed in the wings and at the stage door for regular sanitizing.
- Social distancing protocol must be adhered to in all backstage/offstage spaces and whenever possible, when performers are on stage performing.
- There will be no audience meet-and-greet following the performance and no guests will be permitted in the green room, dressing rooms or any backstage area – only performers and their tech crew will be allowed.
- No merchandise will be sold in the lobby at performances, though artists are welcome to let the audience know from the stage how they can purchase merchandise.
- All equipment will be cleaned and sanitized before, after, and between each rehearsal and performance.
- Musicians must be spaced at least 6 feet apart and other performers must adhere to social distancing guidelines as much as is possible within their performance.
What Can You Do?
People with symptoms such as fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, may have coronavirus/COVID-19. We encourage you to stay home and contact a medical professional if you are experiencing any symptoms. Here are some of the ways that you can protect yourself and help prevent the spread of the virus while in public and at Stocker Arts Center events:
- Do not attend an event if you are showing any symptoms, have recently been sick, or have been exposed to someone who has had COVID-19.
- Take standard precautions, such as frequent hand washing, wearing a mask, and maintaining a physical distance of at least six feet from others while in the lobby, restrooms and other common areas of the building.
- When possible, please purchase your tickets online and choose “Print at Home” or mobile delivery of your tickets. Your tickets can also be mailed if they are ordered at least one week in advance of the event. If online ordering will not work for you, you can still order your tickets by phone through the box office by calling (440) 366-4040.
- Since seating for events will be limited, and in order to limit lines and contact at the box office, it is still best to order your tickets in advance and not wait until show time to buy your tickets. If you must buy your tickets just before the performance, please plan to pay by credit card. We will not be accepting other forms of payment at this time.
- Tickets will be scanned just before you enter the theater. Please hold your tickets so that the barcode on the end faces the usher to make it easier to scan without contact.
- Follow the posted signs and arrows and staff member directions to appropriate entrance doors. If you are coming to a free event that has no tickets, please arrive early and follow posted signs and arrows and staff member directions to the appropriate theatre entrances. Our ushers will also help you find seating that allows for social distancing.