Lorain County Community College announces auditions for:
Translation by Nicholas Rudall
Directed by Stephanie Wilbert
“Lysistrata” is a bawdy anti-war comedy by the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes, first staged in 411 BCE. It is the comic account of one woman’s extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War, as Lysistrata convinces the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace. Some consider it his greatest work, and it is probably the most anthologized. Nicholas Rudall’s new translation captures the splendid variety of Aristophanes’ astute theatricality and poetic wit.
WHO: Auditions are open to all LCCC students and staff, as well as actors from the community.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
- Auditions will be held in 5-minute time slots.
- You may read from available sides OR prepare a one-minute comedic monologue.
- If available, please bring one copy of your headshot and resume to the audition.
- Check your calendar for any and all scheduling conflicts outside of Mon-Fri 9am-5pm from March 1-April 25, 2020.
- Rehearsals: Will begin on or around March 1, 2020
- Performances: April 23-25, 2020 at 8:00 pm
- Casting Note: Any race, gender, age, body type, or other identities are encouraged to audition and will be considered equally in casting. LCCC does not offer union contracts and performers are volunteers.
- Copies of the playscript will be on reserve at the LCCC Bass Library until the audition dates.
WHERE: Stocker Arts Center’s Cirigliano Studio Theatre 1005 N. Abbe Road, Elyria, OH 44035
WHEN: Sunday, February 16, 2020 from 3 pm – 5 pm and, Monday, February 17, 2020 from 7 pm – 9 pm
Questions: email or call LCCC director of theatre Jeremy Benjamin firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-366-7120.
“Lysistrata (Rudall)” is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc., a Concord Theatricals Company.