We understand the stress you are dealing with as a college student, and we know you are managing home, job and other responsibilities in addition to your school work. This spring, we are here to help you focus on your own mental wellness by taking a weekly “pause” throughout the semester. The Make it Through Spring program is designed to help boost your mental health through creativity, engagement, and trying something new.
Join us each week as we take a break from all that we are juggling in these challenging times.
- Provide FREE art kits to all LCCC students.
- Provide weekly, arts-based wellness activities designed by LCCC ARC counselors and our creative team.
- Facilitate connection opportunities with students, centered around creativity and mental health, through artistic techniques that all students can experience.
- Positively impact the campus community and sense of connection during Spring 2021.
How to Participate
- To access all of our resources, enroll in our Make it Through Spring group in Canvas. This is where we will share weekly inspirational topic and instructions.
- Take a “mental health” break during the week, grab your supplies, and create something based on the topic.
- Use the Make it Through Spring Canvas group for support, connect with a counselor, or see what others in the LCCC community have created.
- Complete the form below to share your creations.
FREE Make it Through Spring Kits
As an LCCC student, your art supply starter kit is free to support your participation in these arts-based mental health activities.
Mental Health Resources
We are here for you. The Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) is a great place to start to connect with a Counselor or learn about community mental health providers with whom LCCC partners.
All LCCC students also strongly encouraged to download the We Care mobile app, which provides direct connection to local crisis hotlines and suicide prevention guides for helping yourself and others.
For immediate needs or if you or a friend are in crisis, please see our personal counseling resources.
Share your creation…we are in this together!
First submissions will receive a FREE Starbucks gift card!