The Office of Student Life manages the Student Ride Share program which helps connect riders and drivers who need transportation to and from LCCC’s Main Campus and Learning Centers and an opportunity to share costs. Our office maintains a database of both riders’ and drivers’ profile information, to help make customized ride matches based on individual’s preference and needs.
- Ride sharing is good for the environment, it reduces air pollution.
- Individuals save money by sharing their transportation costs, such as gas.
- Individuals can get to campus without use of public transportation or adding wear-and-tear on their cars.
- Individuals help fellow student(s) sustain good attendance who may have no other way to get to class.
How It Works
- Fill out and submit application online below.
- Application will come to the Student Life email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- The application will be reviewed and added to either the rider’s/driver’s database and then matched up and forwarded to a rider/driver.
- The rider/driver will try up to 5 times to contact individuals through email, telephone call and/or text message.
- Once a connection is made, the rider and driver will work with one another to determine specific schedules, pick up and drop off locations, and compensation. Student Life will NOT make any arrangements for individuals.
- The fee must be paid when you enter the vehicle and each time you are picked up. You must have exact fee amount because the driver doesn’t carry any money to make change.
- Riders do not share fees. They are all obligated to pay the indicated fee.
Example of Compensation: One-way: 1-5 miles = $3.00, 6-10 miles = $4.00, 11-15 miles = $5.00. (Subject to change based on driver’s fee).
- There may be other individuals in the car, so you must be flexible in pick up and drop off times.
LCCC will not be held liable for any incidents occurring between the riders and drivers of the Ride Share program.
Please complete the form below to get started.
If you have questions contact:
Office of Student Life – CC 206
Second Floor of College Center