Need an outfit to make the right impression for your job interview, first day at your internship, or other professional opportunity? The Commodore Career Closet can help!
The Commodore Career Closet provides gently used business attire for students and alumni for job interviews and/or internships.
You may receive two outfits each semester at no cost, thanks to the donations of our community, other students, faculty and staff. A large variety of items are available for you to choose from, so you can shop and find something appropriate for your job search and personal style.
Additionally, we will connect you with LCCC’s Career Services to help you prepare for your professional opportunity. Career Services offers practice interviews, help with your resume, and provides educational programs that can help you find and secure the position you want.
The Commodore Career Closet is available by appointment so our team can assist you with finding the clothing you need, and also connect you with these additional individualized resources. To schedule your own private, personal shopping trip to the Closet, complete our form below and one our staff will reach out to find a time that works for you.
Interested in donating to the closet?
We accept gently used business attire that is clean and undamaged.
We accept the following items:
- Women’s Clothing: Skirts, pantsuits, dress pants, dresses, blazers, blouses, sweaters, scarves, belts
- Men’s Clothing: suits, dress pants, jackets, sports coats, button-down shirts, ties, belts
- Career-Specific Clothing: We can also accept gently used medical scrubs, work uniforms, and some supplies related to specific career fields. If you are interested in donating career-specific supplies or garments, a member of our Closet team can be of assistance in determining what we can or cannot accept.
For sanitary reasons, we cannot accept any undergarments or footwear. Because the Closet is designed to support students and alumni preparing for professional opportunities, we also do not accept casual clothing.
Specific Donation Needs (updated November 2020):
At this time, the greatest need is for men’s clothing in most sizes and women’s clothing in plus sizes.
If you would like to donate clothing, please contact the Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) at web form, (440) 366-4ARC or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a donation time.
The ARC also holds regular drop-in donation times each month (in College Center, next to Starbucks):
- First Thursday of every month from 5-7 p.m.
- Third Thursday of every month from 11a.m. to 1 p.m.
Please bring in clothing donations dry cleaned or laundered. Receipts for tax purposes are available at drop-off.