LCCC Counseling office provides Crisis Intervention services for any student, faculty member or staff member. Licensed Counselors and Social Workers are available in Enrollment Services during business hours.
Bass Library, First Floor in Enrollment Services
For after-hours assistance, please go directly to Campus Security or call (440) 366-4444.
Personal counseling on a referral basis is also available through LCCC’s Women’s and Men’s Link.
If you are experiencing a crisis that requires immediate attention, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Additional emergency resources include:
- The Lorain County Crisis Hotline, 24 hours/7 days a week: 800-888-6161
- The National Suicide Hotline, 24 hours/7 days a week: 800-273-8255
- The National Crisis Text Line is always available: #741-741
- Lorain County Community College Campus Security: 440-366-4053
- On-call crisis counselor though LCCC Counseling Services: 440-366-4033
Please note: a call to 911 from LCCC will automatically notify Campus Security of the issue.
All crisis situations are evaluated to determine if any other supportive action is deemed necessary such as a referral to an outside agency or a transport to a hospital or clinic. LCCC’s primary support facility is The Nord Center. They can be reached at any time at (800) 888-6161.