LCCC uses a Single-Stream recycling system. All recyclable material can be placed in one bin, however knowing what is and is not acceptable is often difficult. Below is a guide to help the LCCC community.
This applies to common recycle bins and to the desk-side office recycling program.
Recyclable materials through single-stream
- Phone books
- Junk Mail
- Class work
- Glass (food and beverage containers)
- Plastic (food, beverage, detergent, and soap containers marked #1 – #7)
- Metal (aluminum, steel, and bimetal food and beverage containers)
Not Recyclable materials through single-stream
- Recyclable materials with excessive food or liquid contained in them
- Recyclable material which contained hazardous waste
- Shredded paper
- Plastic not marked #1 – #7
- plastic bags
- plastic toys
- plastic wrap
- plastic flowerpots
- Light bulbs
- Broken glass
- Medical waste
- Sharp objects
- Yard and garden waste
Desk-Side recycling is for the offices of faculty and staff on the main campus at LCCC.
In this program a standard waste receptacle becomes a recycle bin and smaller waste bin is attached to the side of the recycle bin (see picture to the right).
If your office does not currently have one of the smaller attachable waste bins then put a work order into Physical Plant to request a replacement.
Other ways to recycle at LCCC
Support Women’s Link by recycling paper at the Abitibi recycle bin located in Lot 6.