Each year, the LCCC Foundation provides Financial Awards for College Tech Prep seniors who continue their education at Lorain County Community College. A minimum of two College Tech Prep Awards will be given for Academic Year 2021-2022. Recipients will receive the Award for one academic year as long as they maintain award eligibility criteria.
Award amounts vary per student and may be used to help pay for tuition, books, and/or supplies. Recipients must enroll at LCCC for a minimum of six credit hours, for Fall 2021. College Tech Prep Awards are considered “Last Dollar” support – meaning that the amount of the Award will be determined by both the student’s college enrollment hours and the total amount of other financial aid received.
The maximum annual Award, based on full-time enrollment, is $1,000 less the total of other financial aid (Pell Grant, Ohio Instructional Grant, scholarships, etc.) received. Awards for students attending less than full time will be prorated based on the number of credit hours enrolled.
- The Award is available to any Lorain County College Tech Prep program graduate who continues on in their College Tech Prep pathway at Lorain County Community College.
- Students must have a minimum 2.50 overall high school grade point average.
- Students must have a minimum grade of a “B” or better in their College Tech Prep program.
- Applicants must file the 2021-2022 “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA) & have their EFC reported no later than June 15, 2021.
- There are no eligibility restrictions in regards to race, color, national origin, sex or handicap.
- Complete the online application, below, no later than May 31, 2021
- Include one letter of recommendation with your application. Suggested sources for recommendation letters include College Tech Prep instructor, high school counselors, other high school instructors, employers, or community members. Applications that are submitted, but no letter of recommendation is received, will not be considered.
- Include an official copy of your final high school transcript, in a sealed envelope from your high school.
The Lorain County College Tech Prep Selection Committee will review all applications. Selection will be based on academic achievement, letters of recommendation, application essay answers, character and responsibility as evidenced on the application. Incomplete applications or those missing the transcript or EFC from the FAFSA cannot be considered. (PLEASE be sure your high school sends an official transcript by the application deadline). Award recipients will be determined by July 15, 2021 and notified via the e-mail address provided on this application.
For questions or further information, contact: Deanna Strauss Hersko, Manager for Career Technical Pathways & Programs at LCCC!