College Tech Prep Pathway: IT
The Information Technology pathway can lead students into technical and professional careers in the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services.
LCCC Pathways in Information Technology
Programming & Software Development
- Lorain High School: Game & Web Design
- Midview High School: Building IT Futures | Programming – Coming Soon!
- Sheffield – Sheffield Lake: Building IT Futures | Software Development – Coming Soon!
- Lorain County JVS: Cyber & Network Security – a Career & College Advantage Program!
- Midview High School: Building IT Futures | Blockchain – Coming Soon!
There are several resources a student can explore to learn more about careers in the Information Technology pathway.
Check out LCCC’s MyPlan – an assessment you can take discover more about you! MyPlan will allow students to learn more about their talents and strengths. Use the MyPlan results to explore career salaries and connect to majors at LCCC.
Ohio Means Jobs (OMJ) has several useful tools for exploring career pathways and learning more about occupations. The OMJ Career Pathways show a typical path in order to reach employment in certain occupations.
University Partnership Opportunities
LCCC is the first community college in Ohio to have the University Partnership program, where a student can select from 50 different associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees all offered by leading colleges and universities. Combine your LCCC coursework with one of our University Partnership pathways and get a quality education that is the best value in higher education.