Part of the Lorain County Community College and Lorain County JVS Career and College Advantage Program, the Culinary Arts program at Lorain County JVS trains students in all areas of the demanding and competitive world of food service.
College Credit Opportunities
Students in Tech Prep classes or programs are better prepared for college, have fewer tuition expenses, and reduce the amount of time it takes to earn their college degree. Students can earn college credit through three options: Bi-Lateral Articulation Agreements (Tech Prep); Ohio Career Technical Transfer Credit (CTAG); and College Credit Plus (CCP).
If you complete both years of your College Tech Prep program, you could be eligible to earn the credits listed below:
Tech Prep Credit
- BIOG 153, Basic Human Nutrition, 3 credits
- CULN 152, Essentials of Dining Room Service, 3 credits
- CULN 154, Introduction to Bakery Pastry Arts, 3 credits
- CULN 165, Advanced Food Service Production, 3 credits
- CULN 175, Purchasing and Product Identification, 3 credits
- CULN 255G, New World Cuisine, 3 credits
- SDEV 101, College 101, 1 credit
- CULN 157, Fundamentals of Food Production, 3 credits
- TRSM 112, Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism Industry, 3 credits
- TRSM 118, Food Safety and Sanitation, 2 credits
College Credit Plus Opportunities at Lorain County JVS
Students can choose to take College Credit Plus courses at either the Lorain County JVS; their home school; LCCC’s main campus and outreach centers; or online. To create your schedule, talk to your high school guidance counselor or schedule a meeting with your CCP adviser.
Apply Your Earned College Credits to Your Degree!
Through the Culinary Arts program at LCJVS, you were being prepared to enter The Culinary Arts Institute of Lorain County Community College. To learn more about the Culinary Arts programs at LCCC and how your credits could apply, check out out program offerings.
Learn how to obtain your credits at our Resources for Parents & Students page; as a reminder, credits are good for two years following high school graduation, so don’t delay!