Part of the Lorain County Community College and Lorain County JVS Career and College Advantage Program, the Sports, Health & Fitness Technology program at Lorain County JVS prepares students for careers in Fitness, Sports Medicine, and Therapy industries.
College Credit Opportunities
Students in Tech Prep classes or programs are better prepared for college, have fewer tuition expenses, and reduce the amount of time it takes to earn their college degree. Students can earn college credit through three options: Bi-Lateral Articulation Agreements (Tech Prep); Ohio Career Technical Transfer Credit (CTAG); and College Credit Plus (CCP).
If you complete both years of your College Tech Prep program, you could be eligible to earn the credits listed below:
Tech Prep Credit
- BIOG 115, Body Structure & Function, 3 credits
- HLED 153, First Aid & Safety CPR, 2 credits
- HLED 156, Health & Wellness, 2 credits
- HLED 181, Nutrition & Weight Management, 1 credit
- SDEV 101, College101, 1 credit
- ALHN 110, Medical Terminology, 3 credits (CTMT001)
- HPED 165, Introduction to Exercise Science, 3 credits (CTES001)
- HPED 261, Exercise Physiology, Health & Fitness Foundations, 3 credits (CTES002)
College Credit Plus Opportunities at Lorain County JVS
Students can choose to take College Credit Plus courses at either the Lorain County JVS; your home school; LCCC’s main campus and outreach centers; or online. To create your schedule, talk to your high school guidance counselor or schedule a meeting with your CCP adviser.
Apply Your Earned College Credits to Your Degree!
Through the Sports, Health & Fitness Technology program at LCJVS, you were being prepared to enter a program at LCCC in an Exercise & Fitness pathway. Explore how your credits could apply into a program of interest!
Learn how to obtain your credits at our Resources for Parents & Students page; as a reminder, credits are good for two years following high school graduation, so don’t delay!