The Medical / Medical Assistant program at Lorain High School prepares students for entry into the Medical Assisting program at Lorain County Community College. Students who successfully complete the Medical / Medical Assistant program are eligible to earn college credit, while in high school, that apply seamlessly into a post-secondary program of interest in a Health and Wellness pathway.
College Credit Opportunities
Students in Tech Prep classes or programs are better prepared for college, have fewer tuition expenses, and reduce the amount of time it takes to earn their college degree. Students can earn college credit through three options: Bi-Lateral Articulation Agreements (Tech Prep); Ohio Career Technical Transfer Credit (CTAG); and College Credit Plus (CCP). If you complete both years of your College Tech Prep program, you could be eligible to earn the credits listed below:
Tech Prep Credit
- ALHN 113, Introduction to Patient Care, 1 credit
- HLED 153, First Aid & Safety, 1 credit
- MDAS101, Fundamental Procedures in the Medical Office, 3 credits, CTAG CTMAT008
- MDAS 102, Insurance and Coding in the Medical Office, 3 credits, CTAG CTMAT006
- MDAS 103, Basic Administrative Medical Functions, 1 credit, CTAG CTMAT004
- MDAS 104, Bookkeeping Functions in the Medical Office, 2 credits, CTAG CTMAT005
- MDAS 105, Diagnostic Testing in the Medical Office, 2 credits, CTAG CTMAT010
- MDAS 106, Specimen Collection in the Medical Office, 2 credits, CTAG CTMAT009
- MDAS 107, Patient Care in the Medical Office, 5 credits, CTAG CTMAT011
College Credit Plus Opportunities
Students can choose to take College Credit Plus courses at Lorain High School Titan College, LCCC’s main campus and outreach centers; or online. To create your schedule, talk to your high school guidance counselor or schedule a meeting with your CCP adviser.
Apply Your Earned College Credits to Your Degree
Learn how to obtain your credits at our Resources for Parents & Students page; as a reminder, credits are good for two years following high school graduation, so don’t delay!