College Center, Room CC 233
(800) 995-5222, extension 7773 or 7654
Testing Center Hours are Subject to Change.
Please contact the Testing Center at 440-366-7773. Thank you.
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 7:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
How are we doing?
Complete our Student Satisfaction Survey at http://www.lorainccc.edu/survey.
LCCC’s Testing and Assessment Center provides testing services for LCCC and University Partnership students.
Proctored examination services for community members are also available.
Testing Guidelines for Students
Review these guidelines before testing. (View printable copy of student guidelines)
- Students MUST present a photo picture I.D., such as an LCCC Student I.D. or Driver’s License. To protect your privacy, an LCCC Student I.D. is suggested. This form of I.D. can be obtained at the LCCC Library.
- Students who are registered with the Accessibility Services office will need to make arrangement through Accessibility Services at (440) 366-4058.
- For community exams users or for out-of-state testing a test fee may apply to students who are taking exams not related to their University Partnership Program.
More about Testing Services
- Students may call in advance to verify if their tests have been received in the Testing & Assessment Center. Call 1-800-995-5222, ext. 7654 or ext. 7773.
- No children are allowed in the Testing & Assessment Center.
- No food and/or drinks are permitted in the Testing & Assessment Center.
- Students will not be permitted to converse in the Testing & Assessment Center. Cell phones & pagers must be turned off or placed in the ‘Ringer Off’ mode and kept in your backpack or purse while taking tests.
- Students should come prepared with #2 pencils, pens, erasers, calculators, or other material permitted by an instructor to take tests. All other belongings, (Coats, Hats, Books, Backpacks), will be kept in designated areas during the entire time tests are being taken. Secure student lockers are available.
- The Testing & Assessment Center Proctors have the authority to assign seating for students taking tests.
- For Academic Testing: students will not be allowed to leave the Testing & Assessment Center until the test is completed. If you must leave the testing area, you subsequently must turn in your test. Therefore, it is suggested that you take care of phone calls, restroom and water breaks, etc. before you start your test. Exception may be made for health concerns.
- For Accuplacer testing: students may take a 10 minute break as they like.
- The LCCC Code of Student Conduct will be enforced. If you violate the guidelines set forth by the Code of Student Conduct or by your Instructor, the Testing & Assessment Center Proctor has the right to collect the test early. For example, if your instructor had indicated that no calculator may be used during a test, and you are found using a calculator, the Proctor may collect/stop your test immediately. If this occurs, you must turn in your test and leave the Center immediately. Your instructor will be informed, and the instructor will handle any discussions regarding your situation.
- Students will only be permitted to have materials that are authorized by the instructor for the exam.
- Keeping Time: Students must keep track of their own time while taking a test to prevent exceeding the allotted time limit set by the instructor. Proctors are not responsible for informing students that their allotted time has expired or that the students only have a certain amount of time left to complete their test.
- After completing the test, students are required to return the test to the Testing & Assessment Center Proctor and retrieve their belongings.
- Students must complete their tests before the scheduled closing time. Please plan your time according to the time limit you are allowed to complete the test. For example, if open hours are between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM, it is student’s responsibility to start the test by 12:00 PM to ensure the test will be completed by 2:00 PM. Check Testing and Assessment Center hours above. All tests will be collected at the scheduled closing time. No exceptions will be made.
- Students are responsible for taking tests within the time frame set by their instructors. An EXPIRED test cannot be administered without the instructor’s approval for an extension.
- The Testing & Assessment Center Proctor cannot accept homework, reports, assignments, data disks, etc. These items must be delivered by the students to their instructors and/or the appropriate academic division office.
- Instructors grade all tests. You may verify your grade by contacting your instructor.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Mercedes Perez, at ext. 4947.