As part of the LCCC Prepared plan, the Testing Center, located in CC 233 on the second floor of College Center, will open on an appointment-only basis beginning May 18, 2020.
The ATI-TEAS exam will be available at the LCCC Elyria campus:
10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Mondays and Thursdays
9 a.m. to noon, Tuesdays (at-risk individuals only)
Schedule your appointment online or contact the Testing Center at (440) 366-7773 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. If you are an at-risk individual, please let the testing center staff know when you schedule your appointment.
You must schedule your test with the Testing Center AND complete your payment on the ATI TEAS registration page.
YOU MUST CHECK IN with the Testing Center Sign-In Service Desk a few minutes before your scheduled appointment time. A photo ID is required for testing. If you will be taking only a one portion of assessment, a referral for Academic Advisor is required.
If you need to cancel your appointment or have any questions, please call Testing and Assessment desk at 440-366-7773 or send email to email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance.
General Information for Nursing Students
In an effort to assist you in achieving your educational and career goals in relation to the Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program and the Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) program, we have implemented a computerized readiness assessment exam, ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills).
The objectives assessed on the TEAS test are an excellent predictor of early nursing program success. The exam is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in the following categories:
- Reading This is a 53 item exam. With the following categories being looked at:
- Key Ideas and Details
- Craft & Structure
- Integration of Knowledge & Ideas
- Math This is a 36 item exam. With the following categories being looked at:
- Number & Algebra
- Measurement & Data
- Science This is a 53 item exam. With the following categories being looked at:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Life & Physical Sciences
- Scientific Reasoning
- English This is a 28 item exam. With the following categories being looked at:
- Conventions of Standard English
- Knowledge of Language
- Vocabulary Acquisition
There are 170 multiple choice questions.
The cost of the exam is $77 and will be administered in the testing assessment center (TAC); located in the College Center (CC) 233. Payment of the exam will be completed at time of registration.
If paying by cash or check you will need to visit Student Financial Aid (located on the first floor of the Bass Library), pay for the exam and obtain a receipt. You will need to present this receipt at the testing and assessment center prior to taking the exam. If paying by credit card you will be prompted when registering for the exam that affords you that option.
Using Financial Aid
Students may be able to utilize financial aid to cover the cost of the exam. (Financial aid is not an option for BGSU Firelands Campus students.) Please contact Student Financial Aid at (440) 366-4034 for details or visit Student Financial Aid at the Bass Library Resource building in LC 146.
Test Preparation and Things to Consider
- Students registered with Accessibility Services must contact their office for arrangements, one week prior to your test date. Please contact Accessibility Services at 440-366-4058.
- An ATI TEAS account must be created in advance prior to setting up arrangements. Please follow the steps below for creating your username and password.
- ATI TEAS Study Manual 6th Edition
The cost of this book is $48 plus tax if purchased through the LCCC Commodore Books & More, the book can also be purchased through the ATI website.
- ATI TEAS exam must be completed on the same day of testing.
- It is estimated that the exam will take 209 minutes to complete.
- Bathroom breaks are allowed.
- Calculators are built into the exam and you are allotted two pieces of scratch paper..
- Your official exam results will be available through your ATI account upon completion of the exam. These results should be printed and taken to Enrollment Services and a copy will be placed in your file.
- The Testing and Assessment Center staff is not able to provide testing results or interpretation.
Create your ATI TEAS username and password
Complete these steps before test date:
- Login to the TEAS location using Firefox
- Type in address bar: https://atitesting.com
- Click on “Create an Account”
- Follow the steps for creating an account
More Preparation Resources
All students are encouraged to take advantage of the free study resource available from registerednursing.org at https://www.registerednursing.org/teas/.
- Register at the Student Sign-in station (a sign is posted at the front door)
- Check in at the front desk for proper identification, key to locker if needed and the ATI TEAS access code
- At your computer, type in the address bar https://atitesting.com
- Type in your username and password that you created
- The TAC staff will then instruct you on opening the exam
- Please remember to bring in your created user name and password for testing. The TAC staff does not have access to your username and password information.
Steps to Complete after the Test
After the completion of the exam, students will be able to retrieve their results via their ATI account. Students will receive personalized electronic remediation once the testing session is completed. After remediation, students can retest (additional $77 charge) to improve their score. A score below Proficient on the retest will disqualify the student from applying to the Associate Degree Nursing program. Scores will be valid for a three year period; therefore a three year wait is required prior to a third attempt of the test.
Registered Nursing/ Associate Degree Nursing Students
An Academic Preparedness Level of Proficient is required before applying to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Students
An Academic Preparedness Level of Basic is required before applying to the Licensed Practical Nursing Program.
Students are responsible for taking a copy of their results to an advisor to submit a program application.
Register for the ATI TEAS Exam
Contact the Testing and Assessment Center