Tutoring Department Policies
- A student may receive up to two tutoring appointments per week. Your appointment may be shared with another student during peak times of the semester or week.
- A student may attend drop-in sessions for up to two hours per day.
- Students may not skip classes or labs for tutoring.
- Tutors will not do students’ assignments, quizzes, or exams. Tutors will not proofread entire papers.
- Tutors will not take on the role of an instructor, but rather support what you’ve learned in class.
- Check with the front desk to verify that your course is covered in drop-ins.
- In order to get the most out of their tutoring session, students with children should make childcare arrangements before visiting tutoring spaces. However, as that is not always possible, children are welcome to visit tutoring with their parents. Parents are encouraged to come prepared with appropriate games or activities for their children to engage with while the tutoring session is in progress. There are also child-friendly materials available at the Writing Center’s front desk.
- Please note: In accordance with LCCC’s Code of Conduct, parents are responsible for supervising their children at all times while on campus. Children cannot be left unattended.
- Policies may change without notice. Please contact the Tutoring Department for the most current guidelines.
Tutoring No-Show Policies
- As a courtesy to other students and your tutor, cancel at least one hour prior to your appointment or you will be considered a no-show.
- After two no shows, you will be required to speak to the Tutoring Department Leader who will assess your tutoring needs which may result in the loss of your tutoring assistance.
- The no-show policy will be enforced each semester.
- Students can cancel appointments through Accudemia up to an hour before the start of the appointment.
- In order to cancel within one hour of the appointment start time, please call or email us to cancel your appointment at 440-366-4057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.