Online Tutoring through LCCC
The Tutoring Department continues to offer online tutoring options. Tutoring occurs through Zoom, which allows you to meet with a tutor by using your microphone, camera or both. You can also share screen or share files through chat. Students can also attach files before appointments while scheduling in Accudemia.
How to get started
Online tutoring is easy to schedule. Simply sign into Accudemia and choose your center, then choose Online Appointment. If there are no time slots available that work for you, call us to see how we can help. For more information on using Accudemia, click here.
Once your appointment is scheduled, you can access your online appointment by clicking the link in your confirmation or reminder email, sent to your student email account, or by logging into your Accudemia account and clicking Join Now. You will then be redirected to Zoom to meet with the tutor.
When using Zoom to connect with the tutor, you’ll be able to enter the meeting whether you have a Zoom account or not. Feel free to ask for more information when you enter Chat in the LCCC Online Tutoring Canvas course. Information on how to use Zoom is also posted on the front page of the Online Tutoring course for your reference, along with other information on how to use the service.
Digital and Technical Help
Digital Tutors can also provide assistance with using your computer for classes, and other technological issues. Please contact us for an appointment or drop-in times.
eTutoring is offered as an extension to the tutoring offered through the LCCC Academic Support Center. The schedule of available tutors is posted on the site, once you’ve logged in. Many times, tutors are scheduled for evenings and weekends, when the LCCC Academic Support Center is closed. Using both services allows you to have support for coursework at various times throughout the week. LCCC is also a part of the State-wide collaborative, eTutoring Online to provide free, professional online tutoring in areas of:
- Writing – paper submitted and returned with suggested revisions
- Math (including Statistics)
The tutoring options available are:
- eQuestions: online question submission with an archive of previously posted questions & answers.
- eWriting: online writing lab with an archive of previously submitted papers and revisions
- LiveChat: live communication tool that allows tutors and students to chat, whiteboard, share files & applications, as well as use audio & video tools.
How to get started
Sign up online by following the steps below:
- Visit the eTutoring Online website
- You will need to create an account by finding “Get Started” and following their steps from there.
- Use your account to login as needed!
Questions or Concerns regarding tutoring or e-tutoring
We can be reached using the following:
- LCCC Tutoring—In Canvas, students can connect with the Tutoring staff, schedule tutoring appointments, and access those web tutoring appointments online.
- Phone/Text (440) 366-4057
- Email email@example.com