University Partnership

University Partnership Building: UC 104
Toll-Free: 800-995-5222 ext. 4949
Direct-dial: 440-366-4949
Fax: 440-366-4649

University Partnership
Lorain County Community College
1005 N. Abbe Rd.
Elyria, OH 44035

Find the University Partnership on Facebook

The UP office is currently open:

Monday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (as needed when UP classes are in session)

Evening and Saturday hours are subject to change, please call to confirm at (440) 366-4949

The UP office is currently open:

Monday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (as needed when UP classes are in session)

Evening and Saturday hours are subject to change, please call to confirm at (440) 366-4949

Earning your bachelor’s degree makes you more competitive in the job market, boosts your earning power, and opens up more career opportunities. At LCCC, you can earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree close to home and at a fraction of the cost. Through our University Partnership, you get a quality education that, when combined with your LCCC coursework, is the best value in higher education. LCCC partners with 14 colleges and universities, delivering more than 100 bachelor’s and master’s degrees – saving an average of $74,000.

Our Partners and Programs

WGU Program Information [online]

  • Accounting
  • Business Management
  • Cloud Computing
  • Computer Science
  • Cyber-security and Information Assurance
  • Data Management/Data Analytics
  • Elementary Education
  • Healthcare Management
  • Health Information Management
  • Health Services Coordinator – CAHEP and/or NLN accredited
  • Human Resource Management
  • Information Technology
  • Information Technology Management
  • Marketing Management
  • Mathematics Education (Secondary)
  • Network Operations and Security
  • Nursing (RN to BSN)
  • Science Education (Secondary Biological Science)
  • Science Education (Secondary Chemistry)
  • Science Education (Secondary Physics)
  • Science Education (Secondary Earth Science)
  • Software Development
  • Supply Chain Management

Master’s Degree Programs

  • Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
  • MBA Information Technology Management
  • MBA Healthcare Management
  • Management and Leadership
  • Accounting – Master’s
  • Master of Health Leadership
  • Data Analytics
  • Information Technology Management
  • Nursing – Education (RN to MSN)
  • Nursing – Education (BSN to MSN)
  • Nursing – Leadership & Management (RN to MSN)
  • Nursing – Leadership & Management (BSN to MSN)
  • Nursing – Nursing Informatics (RN to MSN)
  • Nursing – Nursing Informatics (BSN to MSN)
  • Family Nurse Practitioner
  • Cybersecurity and Information Assurance

Graduate Programs for Licensed Teachers

  • Educational Leadership
  • English Language Learning (PreK-12)
  • Instructional Design
  • Learning and Technology
  • Mathematics Education (Secondary)
  • Science Education (Secondary Biological Science)
  • Science Education (Secondary Physics)
  • Science Education (Secondary Earth Science)
  • Science Education (Middle Grades)
  • English Language Learning Endorsement Preparation (PreK-12)

Graduate Programs Leading to Licensure

  • Special Education (K-12)
  • Teaching, Elementary Education
  • Teaching, English Education (Secondary)
  • Teaching, Mathematics Education (Secondary)
  • Teaching, Science Education (Secondary)
  • Teaching Elementary Education

How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?

  • You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
  • For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes.  The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
  • For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet.  The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
  • UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
  • If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.

How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC

  • Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library  (440) 366-4026.
  • Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
  • Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card.  If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
  • You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
  • An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
  • Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning  Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).

How to Get Started

Admission, registration, financial aid and payment for courses/programs offered at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership differ with each institution. Students interested in a specific program should schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor for the program.

Check the UPcoming Events list for the schedule of events hosted by the UP or our UP partners with transfer opportunities and academic program information. Get involved!

To enroll in a University Partnership program, you will need to apply for admission to the main campus of the partner university. The ideal approach for admission to a bachelor’s degree program is to complete the first two years of college courses (or an associate degree) from Lorain County Community College. Successful completion of the correct courses greatly simplifies admission to an undergraduate program. The University Partnership recommends that you meet with an advisor from the partner institution you wish to attend during your first two years at LCCC. LCCC Academic advisors will assist you in transferring your coursework to the partner institution. Once your application has been accepted, you will become a University Partnership student as well as a student of that university.

All financial aid and payment for classes is processed through the partner university’s main campus. You may be eligible for financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants or loans. The Lorain County Community College Foundation, through the generous support of private donations, has made scholarship dollars available to University Partnership students. For more information on the University Partnership Empowerment Award, the University Partnership Scholarship Program, or various scholarships offered by partner universities, please contact the University Partnership Office or the Scholarship and Incentive Awards page.

Students are urged to complete the proper paperwork and apply for financial aid completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) well in advance to starting classes. Contact the university that you plan to attend if you need assistance with your financial aid application. If you plan to use federal aid to pay for classes and will be taking Lorain County Community College and partner university courses the same semester, you will need to complete a consortium agreement. Check with your partner university’s financial aid office for your consortium agreement of find your form on our Consortium Agreement page.

Emergency Aid for University Partnership students

Partner universities offer on-line registration, please contact your University Partnership advisor if you have questions.

Tuition and fees will be assessed by the institutions in which students are enrolled, not by Lorain County Community College. Current Tuition rates are listed on this web site, but students should contact the university for current tuition and fees. Complete information about payment and refund policies is available from the partnership representatives.

View answers to some of our most Frequently Asked Questions.

2+2 and 3+1 Programs

Many University Partnership programs let you take up to three years of course work at LCCC and then finish upper-level courses through the partner institution. These programs are called 3+1 programs. Other programs require you to follow more traditional route, completing the first two years at LCCC and then moving on to the partner courses. These are called 2+2 programs.

Our LCCC academic advisors and transfer coordinator are here to help you choose the program type that best fits your academic goals. The UP advisors and transfer coordinator can assist you in making academic decisions with flexibility in mind, so you can balance work, family, or personal obligations while pursuing your goals.

University Partnership Programs and Degrees

How can the UP help me in my transfer and academic goals?

Transferring to most four-year institutions requires students to be transfer-ready before applying for admission. The UP can help you establish transfer goals and navigate transfer timelines so when it is time to apply and transfer, you will be ready. We will also help you connect with instructors who can help you with future academics, internships, and career goals. 

The UP has a wealth of resources including:

  • Application assistance
  • Assistance with Transfer Application Essays and Scholarship Application Essays through the LCCC Writing Center
  • Transfer pathways and partnerships exploration
  • Information about schools, programs and scholarships
  • Connections to staff and faculty at four-year schools
  • General transfer planning assistance
  • Transfer Prep Guide
  • Transfer fairs and events
  • Tours of LCCC and four-year institutions
  • Access to computer labs
  • Transcript requests through the Transcript Center

Will your classes transfer?

Online tools like Transferology can help give you an idea. This nation-wide network lets you explore college transfer options. Always work with an advisor at LCCC or your future destination for full academic planning. 

UP scholarships are available for Spring and Summer

The LCCC Foundation SOAR Scholarship Award

Academic Support

Do you need help with your writing? The LCCC Writing Center is staffed with English Success Coaches who can assist you at any stage of the writing process, from planning to drafting and revision.  Schedule your appointment using Accudemia, or you can contact Tutoring via phone, (440) 366-4057, or via email,

Support Services

As a college student, you face challenges outside of the classroom, and these challenges can sometimes make academic success difficult. We offer many support services to help you deal with important issues and to provide greater opportunity for your academic success. LCCC’s Advocacy and Resource Center (ARC) can connect you with help and resources to help you stay on track. Support services include: 

Emergency Aid for University Partnership Students

As a University Partnership student, you may be eligible for emergency aid from your partner university. Visit the links below to explore emergency aid opportunities provided by our partners.

Learn more about LCCC’s support services.