University Partnership


Contact University Partnership

University Partnership Building: UC 104
Toll-Free: 800-995-5222 ext. 4949
Direct-dial: 440-366-4949
Fax: 440-366-4649

University Partnership
Lorain County Community College
1005 N. Abbe Rd.
Elyria, OH 44035

Find the University Partnership on Facebook

Office Hours

The UP office is currently open:

Monday 8 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (as needed when UP classes are in session)

Evening and Saturday hours are subject to change, please call to confirm at (440) 366-4949

Request Information From the University Partnership


Lorain County Community College partners with 14 colleges and universities delivering more than 100 bachelor’s and master’s degrees – saving an average of $74,000.

Through the University Partnership, you get a quality education that, when combined with your LCCC coursework, is the best value in higher education. On-campus university partners provide the faculty and curriculum for all University Partnership courses.



How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?  

How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?

  • You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
    • For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes.  The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
    • For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet.  The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
  • UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
  • If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.

How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC

  • Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library  (440) 366-4026.
  • Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
  • Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card.  If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
  • You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
  • An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
  • Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning  Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).


How to Get Started

Admission, registration, financial aid and payment for courses/programs offered at Lorain County Community College through the University Partnership differ with each institution. Students interested in a specific program should schedule an appointment to meet with the advisor for the program.

Check the UPComing Events list for the schedule of Information Sessions regarding new and current programs.


To enroll in a University Partnership program, you will need to apply for admission to the main campus of the partner university. The ideal approach for admission to a bachelor's degree program is to complete the first two years of college courses (or an associate degree) from Lorain County Community College. Successful completion of the correct courses greatly simplifies admission to an undergraduate program. The University Partnership recommends that you meet with an advisor from the partner institution you wish to attend during your first two years at LCCC. LCCC Academic advisors will assist you in transferring your coursework to the partner institution. Once your application has been accepted, you will become a University Partnership student as well as a student of that university.

Financial Aid

All financial aid and payment for classes is processed through the partner university's main campus. You may be eligible for financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants or loans. The Lorain County Community College Foundation, through the generous support of private donations, has made scholarship dollars available to University Partnership students. For more information on the University Partnership Empowerment Award, the University Partnership Scholarship Program, or various scholarships offered by partner universities, please contact the University Partnership Office or the Scholarship and Incentive Awards page.

Students are urged to complete the proper paperwork and apply for financial aid completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA form) well in advance to starting classes. Contact the university that you plan to attend if you need assistance with your financial aid application. If you plan to take Lorain County Community College and partner university courses you will need to complete a consortium agreement. Check with your partner university for your consortium agreement.

Registering for Classes

Partner universities offer on-line registration, please contact your University Partnership advisor if you have questions.

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fees will be assessed by the institutions in which students are enrolled, not by Lorain County Community College.  Current Tuition rates are listed on this web site, but students should contact the university for current tuition and fees. Complete information about payment and refund policies is available from the partnership representatives.

Frequently Asked Questions

View answers to some of our most Frequently Asked Questions.



2+2 and 3+1 Programs

Many University Partnership programs let you take up to three years of course work at LCCC and then finish upper-level courses through the partner institution. These programs are called 3+1 programs. Other programs require you to follow more traditional route, completing the first two years at LCCC and then moving on to the partner courses. These are called 2+2 programs. Please note that not all courses are offered at LCCC.  Our LCCC academic advisors and transfer coordinator are here to help you choose  the program type that best fits your academic goals.

University Partnership Programs and Degrees


Will your classes transfer?

Online tools like Transferology can help give you an idea. This nation-wide network lets you explore college transfer options. Always work with an advisor at LCCC or your future destination for full academic planning. 


Our Partner Universities

Ashland University Logo BGSU Lori BGSU Firelands Logo
Cleveland State University Logo Hiram College Logo Kent State University Logo
WGU Ohio Logo YSU Logo