Bachelor of Communication (2 + 2)
The Scripps College Bachelor Degree Completion Program in Communication is ideally suited for professionals in a variety of public, non-profit, and organizations who have positions that emphasize internal and external communication.
The program cross-trains individuals in visual, written, and oral communication, emphasizing both practical application and theory-based communication strategy.
The major is specifically tailored for individuals who have already completed an associate degree that will translate to Ohio University general education requirements. The program is delivered in a flexible online format, requiring no face-to-face meetings. The Communication 2020-2021 Advising Guide will provide more details.
Parallel LCCC Program
Associate of Arts
Program Admission Requirements
- Conferred associate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Combined 2.5 GPA from all prior college-level coursework
- Official transcripts sent directly to Ohio University from all colleges and universities you have attended
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete an Online Application
- Pay the $25 non-refundable application fee. Transfer students who are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and need assistance paying the application fee, can apply for the NACAC Transfer Application Fee Waiver.
- Request all college and universities that you have attended to send an official transcript directly to Ohio University.
- Once your materials are in, you can monitor the progress of your application by checking your MyOHIO Student Center. You can learn more about how to check your application status through this link.
- You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Ohio University academic advisor.
- Be sure to register for the Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO) after you are admitted to learn about resources and student support services.
Submit all college-level transcripts to:
1 Ohio University
120 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701