Bachelor of Arts in Humanities Online Program
The Ursuline College Bachelor of Arts in Humanities online program is an interdisciplinary studies concentration that encourages students to take a broad and integrative view of the arts and the humanities. The curriculum includes the study of art, music, history, philosophy, literature and religion. As components of culture, these studies provide a deeper understanding of the individual and the world. The art of being human/humane is the focus of this major. This focus enhances almost every possible career choice, whether education, business, government, human services, journalism, communication or entertainment. Classes are offered in an asynchronous format and are typically five weeks or 10 weeks.
Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) Humanities Program Webpage
Parallel LCCC Program
AA to BA in Humanities Curriculum Pathway
- Prospective students must meet the Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) admission standards for transfer students.
- These recommendations include a minimum of 30 previous college credits from a regionally accredited institution and a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Students looking to transfer with less than 30 credit hours or lower than a 2.5 GPA can still apply and may qualify for conditional admission.
- Students may apply at any time as the program does not have any prerequisites, and the program is offered year-round.
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete a free online application to UCAP.
- Request that all colleges or universities you have attended send official transcripts directly to Ursuline College.
- Unofficial transcripts are acceptable, with official transcripts required within your first semester of classes if you enroll. An essay (or letter of recommendation) is optional.
- Once your materials are in, check your Ursuline email often for a decision.
- Once admitted, meet with your Ursuline advisor to schedule classes.
- You should attend the virtual new student orientation/info session.
Submit all college-level transcripts to:
2550 Lander Rd.
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
How do I know if I am in the University Partnership?
- You are following the UP Curriculum Pathway from the associate to the bachelor’s degree.
- For 2:2 degrees, you have been admitted to the partner institution and have registered for your first classes the upcoming semester, 3rd year of partner classes. The first day of the 3rd year class, you are officially a UP student.
- For 3:1 degrees, you are a UP student if you are registered for the 3rd year in either bridgework LCCC classes or UP partner classes. You may not be necessarily admitted with the UP partner just yet. The first day of the 3rd year of UP or LCCC bridgework class, you are officially a UP student.
- UP Office will use the email address your partner institution shares with us, which is once a semester, to email out a reminder to you about the UP program supports and services.
- If you are unsure if you are in the UP, you are welcome to email or call the UP Office to verify your status.
- (440) 366-4949
How do I show proof I am a UP student to receive benefits and supports offered at LCCC
- Go to the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the LCCC Bass Library (440) 366-4026.
- Show your class registration for UP classes with the partner institution or LCCC bridgework classes.
- Bass Library staff will place a color coded sticker on the back of your LCCC or partner institution ID card. If you have no LCCC or UP ID card, a UP ID card will be issued to you.
- You will need to get a new sticker (date specific) each semester that you are registered for UP partner classes.
- An ID card is not required but would be needed if you are seeking benefits and supports at LCCC while in the partnership.
- Supports and services are for Elyria Campus and the Learning Centers (Community Learning Center at Lorain High School, Lorain Learning Center at City Center, LCCC Wellington Center, and University Partnership Ridge Campus).
For More Information
Kathleen (Kate) Teichman
Assistant Director, UCAP Admission
Phone Appointments and Virtual Appointments are available.
Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) Financial Aid Webpage
See the Ursuline College Accelerated Program (UCAP) Academic Calendar for important academic dates and deadlines.