Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences – Pre-Physical Therapy (2 + 2)
Biological Sciences – Pre-Physical Therapy is a program designed to meet the prerequisites for the Physical Therapy program at Ohio University and most other institutions, as well as nursing, physician assistant, and chiropractic programs. The major is also designed to provide student with a solid background in the life sciences. It should be noted that there are no uniform requirements for physical therapy schools & students should take care to consult the academic requirements for specific schools of interest.
The major is specifically tailored for individuals who have already completed an associate degree that will translate to Ohio University general education requirements. The program is delivered in an on-campus format. The Biological Sciences – Pre-Physical Therapy Advising Guide will provide more details.
Parallel LCCC Program
Associate of Applied Science, Physical Therapy Assisting
Program Admission Requirements
- Minimum accumulative 2.5 GPA from all prior college-level coursework.
- A grade of “C” or better in the equivalent courses to both BIOS 1700 and BIOS 1705 or minimum Math ACT subscore of 20 (equivalent MATH SAT subscore) or a minimum Ohio University math placement of score of PL1.
- Official transcripts sent directly to Ohio University from all colleges and universities you have attended
To apply to the Partnership, follow the steps below:
- Complete an Online Application
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. Transfer students who are eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and need assistance paying the application fee, can apply for the NACAC Transfer Application Fee Waiver.
- Request all college and universities that you have attended to send an official transcript directly to Ohio University.
- Once your materials are in, you can monitor the progress of your application by checking your MyOHIO Student Center. You can learn more about how to check your application status through this link.
You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Ohio University academic advisor.
Be sure to register for the Bobcat Student Orientation (BSO) after you are admitted to learn about resources and student support services.
Submit all college-level transcripts to:
Chubb Hall 120
1 Ohio University Drive
Athens, OH 45701