Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Networking Option (3 + 1)
Many companies in Ohio and nationwide are providing career opportunities for highly trained professionals in the field of computer networking and network security – positions filled by graduates of The University of Akron’s Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems, Networking Option. Companies want and need technically qualified people to help them compete at the highest possible levels of quality and productivity in today’s extremely competitive world marketplace.
Parallel LCCC Program
Associate of Applied Business in Computer Information Systems-Network Communications Technology with Cisco CCNA courses.
Enrollment in this program is open students who have completed or are completing the Parallel program listed above.
- Complete an online University of Akron undergraduate application
- Apply as a Transfer Student and select the partnership major that begins with “Lorain CCC“.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. (Waived at this time) If you are Pell eligible and need assistance with the fee, please apply for the NACAC Transfer Application fee waiver.
- Request all colleges and universities to send an official transcript directly to the University of Akron Admissions.
- Once your materials are in, check your email for an admission decision.
- You will then schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Akron academic advisor.
- Not required, however the Transfer New Student Orientation link is available for resources and support services.
Registration and Scheduling Information
Courses offered as part of this program are offered in a sequence that must be followed by students. New students are welcome to enroll at anytime. The University of Akron advisor for the Computer Information Systems, Networking Option is:
Ms Sara Hoge